Peter Oneshot

blub

(A/N: Hey guys! Remember to eat something, drink some water and take your meds! Love you!)

Oneshot: Y/N runs to Peter after a nightmare about Peter

Y/N ran down the halls of Cair Paravel, her frantic footsteps making but a light patter upon the cold stone. Her dressing gown billowed up behind her, quietly hitting pillars as the girl rounded corners sharply, making one wonder why it wasn't her hips hitting the tapestries and paintings.

She nearly missed the hallway in her dimly lit search for the High King's quarters. She turned quickly, passing identical doors until she came upon the third, the one he was probably peacefully sleeping behind, not expecting to be awoken by a terror ridden girl who didn't know where else to go.

Y/N pushed the heavy door open, her wandering mind wondering why it wasn't locked. Peter was there, in his bed, fast asleep, his head filled with dreams of family and love, she hoped. She nearly turned back, preparing to work through her troubles on her own like usual.

Peter stirred, turning over on his side towards the door. He squinted in what little light had filled his room, the Y/N shaped shadow not making any more sense than his open door.

"Y/N?" he whispered. At his acknowledgement, Y/N stepping into the room, closing the door behind her. Peter reached to his bedside table and swiped a match, lighting the small gas lamp. "What are you doing here?"

She blinked back tears she didn't know where in her eyes. "'Had a nightmare," she mumbled. The girl had her arms crossed in front of her, a defensive action Peter recognized from when Susan and Edmund had something bothering them but couldn't muster up the courage to tell him, to let him see that they were suffering.

"Do you want to talk about it?" If he was being completely honest, he did feel a bit awkward; Y/N, the girl whom he had understood only recently was quite beautiful, was standing at the foot of his bed, at Aslan knows what hour, in a small night gown and a dressing gown, with the sash wrapped tightly around her curved waist. He couldn't help it if his tired mind wandered.

"I don't know." Y/N glanced at the closed door, as if she could magically make herself transport to the other side of it. She didn't think this through, and now that she was in Peter's bedroom she didn't know where to go from there.

"You don't have to, I guess," he offered lamely.

Y/N glanced back at him, her eyes widening. Peter looked exactly as he had in her nightmare, sitting up in bed, his hair a mess and his eyebrows knit. He looked exactly as she had imagined him, spewing curses and insults at her while his face gave off worry.

"Don't look at me like that," she said quickly. His head cocked like a puppy.

"Sorry?"

"The last time you sat there and were perfect and looked at me like that..." She let out a shaky breath. "You said such horrible things."

"Y/N," Peter said, "What are you talking about?"

"The last time-" she choked out a sob, slowly going into hysterics.

Peter quickly pulled the covers off of his body and carefully advanced towards the girl. She resisted cowering away from him, trying to convince herself that this was Peter; he wasn't really going to hurt her.

"Y/N, does this have anything to do with your nightmare?" He spoke to her slowly, like someone approaching a wounded animal. She appeared to be scared of him, but Peter couldn't think of anything he'd done that could be considered predatory or aggressive.

Y/N nodded, hands still covering her face. "You were sitting in a bed." She left out the bit where he was sleeping on the side of her bed that she didn't occupy. "You looked concerned, worried, but you were yelling at me, shouting curses and the like."

Peter put his hand on Y/N's shoulder, testing how much physical contact she would let him have.

"You know I would never do that, Y/N," he said quietly. "Even if I wanted to, I wouldn't be able to insult you about anything! You are the example of perfection, Y/N."

"Do you actually think that?" She asked, letting her hands fall to hug herself but not looking Peter in the eye.

"I do," he said shortly. He made up his mind, quickly deciding to act upon his impulsive ideas. "Can I prove it? Can I prove that I would never hurt you, that you can trust me?"

Y/N looked up at him. "What are you going to do?"

"It's more of what you're going to do, and what I'm not." He led her to the other side of his bed, pulling the covers back and nodding to the cream sheets. "I want you to sleep in here tonight. I won't touch you, won't even make you know I exist. You can keep the light on if it helps, start the fire, anything that will make you more comfortable in my presence." Peter couldn't gage her expression. "Plus, you probably shouldn't be alone if you have another nightmare."

Y/N's brows furrowed, her grip on her own waist tightening. "Why are you doing this?" she asked him.

"Because, as I've stated," he said, "You mean a lot to me, Y/N. I don't want to lose your trust, and I never want you to be scared of me. Please, Y/N," he pleaded, "just do this one thing. If there is ever a moment when you don't feel comfortable, you can leave if you want-"

"No," she cut him off. "No, I'll stay." Y/N untied the sash around her waist, letting Peter catch the dressing gown when it fell from her shoulders. She sat down on the bed, leaning back onto the pillow and swinging her legs over. Her gentle hands pulled the covers up to her chin, nearly covering up every inch of the smooth skin that Peter had been fixated on unintentionally.

Peter draped her dressing gown on the end of his bed, moving to his side and getting under the covers.

"Do you want me to leave the light on?" He asked her, wanting to make sure he had the go-ahead from the guest in his bed.

"You can turn it off, if you'd like," he heard her say, her words muffled in the pillow she had burrowed into. Peter smiled to himself, blowing the lamp out quickly.

He laid in silence for a long time, not able to sleep but certainly not able to get up or read a book or something; he had promised Y/N that it would be like he wasn't even there, and that entailed not moving or disrupting the girl who he was relatively sure was asleep.

"Peter?" He jumped when she suddenly spoke to him. "Thank you."

"For what?" he asked. Y/N turned over, eyeing him in the dark.

"For letting me stay in here, for not turning me away and trying to help me to not be scared of you." She listed off the reasons.

"It's not that big of a deal," he responded, clenching and unclenching his fists at the weakness of his words.

"It is, though," Y/N insisted, moving closer to him and propping herself up on her elbow. "Anyone else would have simply assured me that they would never hurt me, that what my subconscious had imagined was nonsense and that I should go back to my bed. But you didn't. You took it seriously, you invited me into one of your safe spaces so that I could continue to feel safe around you, you made an effort to make me feel better and to prove that I can definitely trust you."

"I'll say it again. You mean a lot to me. That is not going to stop simply because you have a dream where I'm an awful monster." He repeated his words again, hoping that they might end the conversation.

"I haven't said them back," she whispered. Peter turned over on his side, facing her, now fairly interested in where this was going.

"Sorry?"

"I haven't said them back," she repeated. Y/N took a deep breath. "You mean a lot to me. I mean, I doubt you would be included in my dreams if I didn't have some sort of feelings for you-"

"What if I reciprocated those feelings?" Peter quickly said, allowing himself to be hopeful for a full second.

"Well, then I'd be a very happy girl."