Dalawamput-siyam

K a r o l I I n a

I've never felt this kind of hate before.

Layla is walking ahead of Eric and I, her hands tightly around Jared's arm. The latter is grimacing, as if his date's hold is giving him pain. I hear Eric snort a laugh, and I lightly hit his arm. He raises an eyebrow, and there is no mistake that it meant: What? You hate her, don't you?

Before we stepped foot on the gravelly pathway of Erudite, Layla kept urging our driver to hurry and drive faster. I almost threw up.

"She's a bitch," Eric had said quietly,  "Don't mind her."

The eight of us enter a grand entrance, one that's decorated with blue and white cloth that's sprawled on the ceiling creatively. There are balloons hanging on the sides, and some people are conversing with each other.

Honestly, this is not what I expected.

I expected a silent hall with people scowling. I expected people to be so closed off that nobody greets another. I expected Dauntless and Erudite to stay away from each other.

"You look so shocked," Eric says as he looks at me sideways, "Why?"

"Nothing," I smile a little, "This dinner party looks great."

~

"Attention, please."

Immediately, all conversations and talks cease as a loud, powerful voice booms into the speakers. I watch as Erudite's leader, Jeanine Matthews, walks up to the makeshift stage on the front of the room. She is perfectly poised and elegant, no flaw is seen on her physical attributes.

She screams power.

"Tonight, we are celebrating another success of Erudite and Dauntless partnership." She places her hands at her back as she speaks into the microphone, "But, this dinner party isn't just for that matter. May I request everyone to find their seats?"

My heart somewhat beats faster at her words. Is something wrong?

"Are you okay?" It's Eric's voice, and I slink into the chair beside him, clutching his hand.

I don't want him to worry over nothing, so I answer a hushed 'I'm fine' and smile and look back at the lady.

"Alright," The lady in blue continues, "As far as we all know, Factionless is posing as a big threat to our system." A murmur of agreements spill out, "And, we also know that they are getting stronger." At that, full-blown  noise erupts from the guests.

The lady raises her hand, and everyone silences their mouths, "My team has been gathering information these past months on the Factionless. We have found out that... that the Factionless is planning to overthrow the system and rule the society."

What? I think as I look at Eric curiously. Factionless ruling? That sounds absurd and impossible.

"I know that it sounds alarming and strange and everything negative," The lady continues, "And so we are here tonight to discuss about that particular situation."

A bell chimes, and everyone looks at the lady as she shakes her head and smiles, "But, let's not let it ruin our night. Please, enjoy yourselves."

And she exits, followed by a swarming mob of people dressed in blue.

The lights shut, and a slow, sweet music begins to play. As it echoes in the room, the people hesitantly walk towards the room centre with their dates.

All of the lights land on you

"What are they doing?" I ask Eric.

"Dancing." He says shortly, and pulled me up from my seat.

The rest of the world fades from view

He sweeps his hand like a gentleman and bows, and when he looks up at me, his eyes are sparkling, "Care to dance, Lee?"

And all of the love I see

"Well, you've dragged me in the middle already, so..."

He laughs, and places his hands on my waist and mine on his shoulders, and we twirl and spin and dance like we're the only people in the room.

Please, say you feel it too

~

When we arrive in his apartment, there is a silent communication between us. The news about the Factionless flies out of our minds.

He strips himself of his clothing, and slowly, I do the same. A minute later, our backs hit the mattress, our lips mould together. His hands are everywhere, lighting a fire deep inside me that I didn't know existed. I surface from him to breathe, and when I wrap my head around what's about to happen, I panic and pull away.

"Eric, I--"

"I'll wait." He says, stopping and looking at me with emotion-filled eyes, "I'll wait for you."

And in that moment, I break down as he holds me.

I have found my soulmate.

~

I'm so sorry that I haven't updated in ages. Apologies, my babies.

School has been really hectic, ya know? Anyway, hope you liked this chappie :)