Chapter 21 - All Kind's of Decisions

*No One's POV*

Lauren smiled. "Ok, now were on proper terms. Do you expect anyone else to arrive here tonight?"

The man shook his head. "As far as I know, No. They were just supposed to grab a few more. Not much was supposed to happen until tomorrow night. Of all the locations we have in town, this one is the newest."

"How often does anyone call these guys? Check up on them." Lauren asked.

"I think they're not supposed to communicate unless it's an emergency. So I doubt anyone will call any of them." He answered.

"Do you know of any other places like this? Oh and what's your name by the way?"

"My name is Ed. I only know of one other. It's in an old tool and die factory on Harbor Avenue and Wells. That place is crawling with Vampires. Are you going to kill me?"

Lauren smirked. "If you cooperate, no. My goody goody girlfriend will probably make me keep my word too. So be nice to her. Have you met the head honcho, a gal named Livia?"

Ed shook his head. "No. I heard her mentioned in passing but I've never met or seen her. "

Lauren motioned to the laptop. "Who's was that?"

"It belonged to Jason, he was the vampire in charge here. You killed him."

Lauren got up from her chair and walked to the door. "Well Ed, You've been very cooperative. I'm going to leave you tied to the chair for a bit. So just sit tight and be quiet and nothing bad will happen to you."

Ed nodded to Lauren as she left.

Lauren walked back to the front office where she found Zayn. He was sitting at a chair by the window, looking out onto the parking lot.

"Where's Camila?" Lauren asked with concern.

Zayn looked over to Lauren. "Oh, she was hungry, so she went out to get some coffee and some food for everyone. She found there's a burger joint a few blocks away. She took one of the cars in the lot and said she'll be back in a bit with some burgers and fries."

Lauren nodded, sat in a chair and put her feet up on the desk. "Any signs of life out there?"

Zayn shook his head. "Nada, nothing."

There was a few moments of awkward silence before Lauren finally broke it. "Why did you cheat on me?"

Zayn looked to the floor and shuffled his feet. "I'm not sure exactly. It wasn't like one specific thing. Kate was just so nice and we just started to talk one day after school. You were off at an audition or something. We just sort of clicked. I think it was the thrill of doing something you're not supposed to do. We had not been getting along. I didn't think you were listening to me anymore. Kate wanted to listen. I am sorry."

Lauren's neutral expression didn't change, except for the fact that she looked to the side for a moment. "I'm sure you are. Didn't she dump you right after I exposed you two?"

Zayn nodded. "I'm sort of seeing Alicia Polinski right now."

Lauren thought for a moment. "Blonde hair, nice smile. I think she's in show choir."

"Yeah, that's the one. You and Camila seem to be inseparable. The whole werewolf thing is kind of hard to get my mind around though. Camila said you were more than her girlfriend that she was your mate. What does that mean?"

Lauren's mouth curled up into a small smile. "There is a physical and mental bond between us. I can feel what she feels sometimes and when were intimate with each other we even can read each others minds from time to time. It's a closeness that's hard to describe. I don't feel quite right when she's not around. In the truest sense, she is my soul mate."