Chapter 27 - Alana & Rhian

*No One's POV*

Lauren suddenly sat up in bed, her eyes opened wide as they could be. Her mouth was opened to the shape of an O, but nothing but a gasp came out of it. Actually she looked like she was starting to hyperventilate.

Camila sat up and moved to right in front of Lauren "I'm having our baby. Do you remember how, due to some strange quirk of our nature, werewolf females can get each other pregnant? Well you did it. You got me pregnant." Camila said with a smile as she took Lauren's hand and placed it on her belly.

"A baby!" Lauren said, stunned beyond belief as she tried to catch her breath.

"That's right, I've got a little princess in my belly, not to mention the future queen. That's also the reason I've been acting so strangely. Sometimes with werewolf females, they get really emotionally unstable at the beginning of pregnancy. Do you remember how emotionally all over the place I was when we first went to rescue Ally and Zayn. That was a sign of it. When you kept me from going after Livia with you I was angry. But all the pregnancy hormones amplified my anger several times. I'm sorry."

"How did you find out? You seem normal now? A baby, I can't belive it." Lauren said, her hands practically shaking. Lauren seemed excited but at the same time a bit freaked out.

"My mom half suspected from the way I was acting, but when I nearly took my sisters head off. She took me into see my uncle who is a doctor. He ran the tests and discovered I was about a month pregnant. He also gave me some medicine that will keep my hormones from not getting totally out of wack. But they will still to a certain degree."

Lauren pushed some hair that had fallen across her face as she starred at Camila's belly. "I remember something about a story about a wizard and two girls I think. Your mom told it to me."

Camila could tell that Lauren was freaking out and needed to be calmed down. "Just lie with me and I'll tell you that version of the story. There are several other versions, but that's my favorite. "

Lauren laid down facing Camila as she began the tale. "Well a very long time ago in a small valley there was two girls. Their names were Alana and Rhian. They lived near each other in this small valley and ever since child hood they spent nearly ever waking our together. Walking, playing in the fields and forests, in both wolf and in human form. There were other people their ages but they preferred each others company."

All the while Camila told the story, she gently stroked Lauren's hair. Lauren as she listened to the story started to calm down.

"Well as they got older the other males tried to court them and get them to be their mates. But when ever one would talk to a boy, the other would get sad. Seeing the other one sad was too unbearable. So they both chose no one. Still their parents wanted them to chose a mate. One day while sitting a big rock on a warm summer's day Rhian said to Alana.

"My parents want me to chose a mate, but I don't want to chose a mate, I want to be with you."

Being the slightly braver one Alana took Rhian's hand. "I only want to be with you. You can chose a mate. Chose me. For I love you more than anyone else in the valley."

Nothing thrilled Rhian more than the prospect of being Alana's mate. She quickly shed a tear. "You would have me as your mate. Nothing would make me happier. I love you."

"Having declared their love for each other they had their first kiss on that rock. It was then, they realized they had already bonded with each other. They told their fathers who were angry they would not chose one of the boys. Their fathers separated them and each one with out the other grew very sad. Soon each one grew very sick and appeared to be dying. Not knowing what to do, the fathers went to an elder. The elder said, they have bonded already. Now you have separated them, they are dying. Let them love each other and they will live again."