Chapter 4

Zarah's POV

I was sitting on the bed when he entered the room. I was looking at my hands which were lying on my laps. I refused to look at him, because my hands were shaking and so was my body.

"Hey," I whispered, still looking at my hands, mentally telling them to stop shaking. I didn't want him to think I was nervous.

I thought he hadn't heard me until he spoke up. "What do you want?" I pulled my eyes away from my hands and glanced at him. His jaw was tightened and he had a cold look in his eyes.

He was much more handsome in reality. Pictures didn't do justice to his looks. He was beyond sexy. Yet, I wondered if he would look even more handsome with a smile on his face.

"Stay away from the bathroom," he said, before leaving the room without nothing much as a glance. Rude much. I had no idea how I was going to put up with his distant behavior. There was no other option except for me to start learning.

It wouldn't hurt to try, right?

Aysha entered—barged—into the "Zarah," she said, "I forgot to tell you: you have to wake up early tomorrow to cook for the relatives."

I looked at her cluelessly until she told me that it was all part of that 'stupid tradition' as she called it.

"Aysha, don't you know how to knock anymore? I'm married now. You can't just barge into my room like you used to," he scolded her in his deep, silky voice.

Oh my Allah, what is wrong with me? I thought.

"Well, if you've forgotten then let me remind you, there's this thing called a key so next time please use it before you start scolding people," she yelled at him, slamming the door on her way out.

You could all guess what he did next, he ignored her like an ass. It was as if he was used to the kind of behavior his little sister was portraying.

I stared at him, shock registering inside me. She was his sister, he should apologize. Yet he just laid comfortably on the bed in his freshly worn clothes.

"Go and have your bath. Your clothes are in the closet. Switch off the lights when you're done," he said using the same voice he had used on Aysha. I couldn't believe he was talking to me, his wife, like that.

I kept nodding my head at everything he said, instead of speaking up. I probably looked like a stupid gorilla who was asked to nod her head for stupid bananas.

I loved gorillas. Mainly because I had a cute gorilla teddy bear named Cuddly Coco. I loved cuddling, so Mama bought me CC for my fifth birthday. I kept CC with me ever since.

I stood up and went to the closet. Oh my Allah, his closet was amazing. Ranging from suits to button-up shirts to sweatpants to pyjamas to casual wears, he had everything.

The closet was situated at the left side of the room. The door leading to the walk-in closet is transparent, so you can notice it from inside the room. The closet had rows and rows of clothes. It also had a transparent drawer which he kept his wristwatches, wristbands and rings. He kept his shoes besides his clothes. The closet also has a console and a mirror.

There was a door at the far end of the big closet. I stopped admiring his beautiful walk in closet and walked to the door. The door led to the bathroom. It was probably why I didn't see him emerging from the bathroom.

I went to my luggage, opening the first one I saw to check if they had packed everything. Mama and Muna (Maimuna) packed my bag for me, because I was too busy mopping around.

I found CC inside looking up at me adorably with a sticky note on his stomach.

"Happy married life, Zarah. I wish you all the best in your new life. I know you can't sleep without CC, so thank me later. From your favorite<3"

Muna was one of the sweetest persons I had ever met. She was so thoughtful. I kept it aside and brought out my pjs and went to the bathroom.

The bathroom was large and spacious with a jacuzzi in the middle. I loved having hot showers using our old bath tub back home. But a jacuzzi was a nice upgrade.

As soon as I entered, I washed the make-up off my face. My face was puffy and pink once I finished. I stripped and entered the jacuzzi after pouring the soap in and made nice bubbles.

I finished my bath and changed into my pjs. I combed my waist-long golden hair, put on my hijab, and hung the wedding dress in the closet. I entered the room once more with different thoughts on my mind.

Where am I going to sleep? Are we going to sleep on the same bed? Will I sleep on the couch? Is the couch comfortable? Will I sleep on the floor? Is the floor comfortable?

Upon entering the room, I went straight to the couch to sleep, and get a good night's rest. I looked at the bed and he had his eyes closed. Proceeding to turn off the lights, I came back to my couch and laud down.

"Come and sleep on the bed," his cold voice reached my ears. I thought he was sleeping.

"No, I'm quite comfortable here," I replied tiredly, wanting nothing more than to have a peaceful sleep. Although, the couch was uncomfortable and the bed was really soft, I didn't want to be close to him.

"I didn't ask you that," his voice was low and strict. "Just join me on the bed." I sighed, before leaving the couch.

Oh my Allah, what have I gotten myself into?

***

Hey guys.

Ramadan Kareem! Today is the first day of Ramadan 2018. I wish you all the best in this blessed month. May Allah accept out duas.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Well if you did, then all you have to do is vote, comment and share.

~R.