Chapter 109: Meeting Mom

Author's Note: Just a brief Disclaimer: I do not know Zak's mother, nor any of his family. My portrayal of his mother is purely fictional.

Chapter 109: Meeting Mom

As Zak and I walked into the "Sage" restaurant, I was blown away by the look and décor of the place.

The majority of the walls were painted black – or a very dark brown – but you wouldn't of known it with how the lighting changed the atmosphere. The main colour scheme of the restaurant was gold, and a dark purple. There was golden coloured columns throughout the restaurant, and they almost glittered with the golden lighting coming from the gold chandeliers. The walls had large black and white, old style portraits of people from various time periods, but they were glowing with an almost mystical purple light. The carpet beneath our feet was a dark purple with a golden swirl pattern.

In terms of seating, there was a long bar along one wall that could probably sit twenty people at least. The rest of the restaurant varied from black, round tables with chairs; black half table half booth seating; and then ordinary black booths.

As Zak led me past the line of people waiting to be taken to a table, it was then I realized that the place was packed, which kick started my anxiety

"Don't worry," Zak said suddenly, as if he had picked up on my anxiety. "I reserved a booth for us in a back corner, it's more private," Zak added, glancing down at me.

I smiled up at him, grateful he had thought of that in advance.

"Thank you," I replied softly, and Zak smiled at me in response.

~*~*~*~*~*~

After a minute or so, we finally reached what I assumed was our booth, as there was a woman sitting by herself, looking at a menu.

She had blonde, slightly past the shoulder length, hair. She had on more makeup than I normally would wear, but it seemed to suit her. From what I could see of her sitting in the booth, she was wearing a black pantsuit, with a grey blouse underneath.

 From what I could see of her sitting in the booth, she was wearing a black pantsuit, with a grey blouse underneath