Chapter 5

The day of the big event eventually came. The two of us, me and Chaeng worked hard together for this and we really wanted it to be a success. The both of us were the first person to come so that we can check the venue as well as make the finishing preparations. 
*****

“Chaeng did you already check the sound system?”

“Yes unnie.”

“How about the seat plan, is it already set?” I was inspecting all the things in my checklist and making sure that everything is already accomplished before the program starts. I was already getting cold sweats and my hands and knees are trembling because of nervousness and pressure. I am really feeling apologetic towards Chaeng since she is the one running back and forth and around the venue knowing that my mind and body is not functioning properly.

“Already done unnie.” She’s standing beside me, her hands on her waist inspecting the whole place. With her eagle-like vision, she’s making sure that everything’s perfect. However she looks calm and collected unlike me who looks like a noodle, all pale and soggy.

“Did you also chec…”

“Oh my God unnie! Stop rambling, I’ve already done everything on the list. Now will you please just relax and just try to breath for a second?” The midget is now looking at me grinning, probably because I already look like a zombie. She started to come closer with now a soft smile plastered on her face reassuring me that everything is gonna be fine. She placed her hands on my shoulders and massaged them softly. “Everything’s gonna be fine. We both did our best so the event will be a blast. Can’t you see that everything’s already perfect?” She took a look around the place, and I did the same.

“Now, go and take a rest somewhere before you faint here. We both know I won’t be able to carry you around. Haha.” She laughed a little then nudged my arms urging me to go and relax for a while. I looked back at Chaeng and she was still smiling at me with her arms crossed around her looking like a boss.

I now looked away from her and tried to search for a place to sit down and rest for a bit.

During times like this, I don’t know whether to feel embarrassed or happy. It makes me feel shy because I’m her unnie, I am supposed to be the dependable one, instead the dwarf is taking in all the stress away from me. She’s small and looks fragile but she’s strong. It makes me happy because she’s really taking care of me well, making me admire her more.

When I found a place to sit and relax for a bit, I wasn’t able to prevent my eyes from getting heavy so I decided to snooze off a bit. After a while I was awoken by the sound of the speakers blasting with loud music. I adjusted my eyes for a bit then I noticed the dwarf beside me. She’s looking at me with a silly smile on her face probably amused by how I look. I must’ve slept longer than expected.

“It’s already starting. How long was I asleep?” I asked Chaeng groggily while trying to fix my hair. I became even more embarrassed since I slept through most of the preparation period, and my still husky voice proves it.

The dwarf just took my hand on hers and kept on smiling at me. “Doesn’t matter unnie, I know you’re tired. How about we move somewhere with a better view? We need to see everything our two months worth of hard work looks like.” 
We both stood up together and walked towards the seats reserved for us with her guiding the way.

We saw the whole event right in front of us. Our whole two months worth of work, finished only within three hours. But all of it was worth it. Chaeyoung was right, everything indeed was perfect. The activity ended with a round of applause. I looked around and saw all of the people having a good time. Then our friends and club members came and gave us a group hug. I felt all the exhaustion and worry I was feeling the whole day went away.