Chapter 12

As soon as my last class ended I received a text from Chaeng.

Chaengie: Are you on your way here? Don’t tell me you forgot unnie? :(

‘How could I forget when I’m looking forward to this the whole day?’

Me: I’m on my way. I’ll be there in 10 minutes. :)

I put my phone inside my pocket and I almost rushed my way towards her apartment. And exactly after 10 minutes I’m standing right in front of her door. I was about to knock when her door suddenly opened revealing Chaeng looking at me with her silly grin. “I timed you Mina chan. And I’m fairly impressed that you really came in 10 minutes.”

I just smiled at her feeling proud of myself. She ushered me inside and helped me put my stuff down. I noticed that all the materials she bought yesterday was already scattered on the floor. ‘This is gonna be a long day.’
*****

We were almost done with her project when she decided that we should already call it a day and eat. She ordered pizza and chicken that we happily shared.

“I’m really happy Chaeng.” I suddenly blurted out my thoughts, which made the both of us surprised.

“About what unnie? The flavour of the pizza?” She still have a chicken in one of her hand, and her face looks puzzled because of what I said.

I tried my very best to suppress my laughter with the dumb way that she looks. “Well yes, I’m happy with the flavour of the pizza, and I’m also happy with everything. “ I munched on the pizza after finishing what I’m saying. I looked at the midget and her brows are still knitted together.

“I mean I’m happy that you already know and accept Me, Jung, and Momo.”

“It’s not like a lot has changed because of that. You’re still my favourite unnie Mina chan, whatever your preference is.” She smirked at me and winked.

“Besides, it’s not like you like me that way. Right unnie?”

It’s a good thing I was already finished with my meal when she asked me that or else, I would’ve choked. I didn’t turn to look at her.

“Of course Chaeng Chaeng. I don’t like you like that…..”

Lies.

….”I only see you as a dongsaeng.”

More lies.

When I was about to face her and look at her reaction, she already stood up and head to the bathroom so I wasn’t able to see her face.

“That’s good to hear unnie. I’ll clean up our mess after I take a wee.”

‘Is it really that good to hear? Are you really that repulsed by the idea of being together with me?’

I didn’t wait for Chaeng to get out of the bathroom, I decided to start cleaning up since she’s taking a while inside. When she got out, I noticed that she already washed her face. ‘That’s odd. Why didn’t she even change her clothes?’

“I told you I’ll be cleaning this up.” She said while picking up our leftovers and joining me in washing the dishes.

“It’ll be faster if I help.” I responded while turning the faucet on. “How are you and Mark doing by the way?”

“Same old. Same old.” She answered nonchalantly.

“I still can’t believe you’re dating Mark. He’s gorgeous, just in case you didn’t notice.” I teased her.

The midget beside me just glared at me. “Is it because I’m small? Or is it because I’m not pretty enough?” One of her brows also quirked upward. “And did you really just call Mark gorgeous? Are you sure you’re not straight?”

I burst out laughing at her comment. “Well for your information, I’m the type of person who appreciate beauty and your boyfriend just happened to be very handsome. I don’t mind going straight for him. I might even steal him from you.” I teased even further which resulted to her giving me a deadly stare.

“That was a Joke Chaeng. Hahaha!... ‘Besides, I prefer looking at your face.’ I thought to myself.

...”I just can’t believe he’s your boyfriend since you don’t like people touching you. Remember when you said that?” We already finished washing the dishes and dried up our hands.

“Well there are a few lucky exeptions to that.” She then took my hand and interlocked it with hers, trying to make a point. My lips involuntarily went upwards, and I felt my face heat up with her actions. I avoided looking at her when I heard her giggle a little.

“It’s getting late unnie.”

“Oh right! I forgot about the time. I guess, I’ll go home now Chaeng.” I was about to remove my hand away from her when she suddenly held on it tighter and tugged on it. I snapped my head towards her.

“Spend the night with me Mina-chan.”