Chapter 15

After a few more minutes of crying her heart out to me, tons of tears shed and hearts broken, the midget felt tired and decided to sleep. She asked me not to leave her. How can I even say no?

And now I find myself sitting on her bed, caressing her face as she sleeps. She finds comfort when she's near me so she decided to use my lap as her pillow. I use this opportunity to examine her face that I adore. Just a while ago, her still puffy eyes, red nose, and tear soaked cheeks were all I can see. It broke my heart when I saw her like that. I don't ever want to witness that ever again. But now she already has this calm face as she recharges herself through sleeping.

Using my fingers, I trace the outline of her face. I traced her perfectly shaped eyebrows. I traced her defined jaws and caress her chin using my thumb. I touched her cheeks rubbing it softly. I then let my fingers slide down her perfectly sloped nose and bopped on its tip a little. Lastly, I let my fingers enjoy the feeling of her lips, all the while I was thinking how different it would feel if ever I replace my fingers with my lips.

'Is it worth it? Is she worth all the heartache?' A voice inside my head keeps on repeating.

'You know you can just simply walk away. You can just leave and not see her again. This way you can avoid all this pain.' The voice inside me continued.

'So this is what it feel like huh? Unrequited love.'

My thoughts were interrupted when I saw her stir in her sleep. I rub her face softly trying to make her feel relaxed again and let her continue to sleep. But it seems that she's already about to wake up.

Slowly, her eyes fluttered open. Of course, my face would be the first thing that she'll see. And the sweetest smile that she offered me when she opened her eyes seemed too sweet. Too sweet to make me feel things. Enough to make my heart do somersaults inside my chest. It's the smile that makes me say that it is all worth it. All these heartache is worth it if I'm rewarded simply by her smile.

She continues to stare at me. It makes me think that I'm the only person that she needs right now. And I don't shy away from staring back at her beautiful brown eyes.

'Stop that. Stop giving me hope. Stop giving me the illusion that we have a future where we'll end up together.'

I continue to caress her cheeks as she subtly leans into it. She closes her eyes momentarily to savour the feeling of my skin against hers.

'Stop that. Stop making me fall even deeper for you.'

As she slowly open her eyes again, she smiles once again with that famous dimples of her.

'You're my favourite kind of torture. Do you know that?'

"You know staring is rude Chaeng." I tried to break the silence between us.

"You don't seem to mind tho, unnie." Just a while ago, she cried herself to sleep. And now she's teasing with a little smirk on her face.

"Are you flirting with me?" A straightforward question came from me.

She grinned wider, raised one of her brows and answered. "Maybe."

Suddenly, she placed her hand on top of my hand that was on her face, and removed it. She got up slowly as she put my hand on my side. She was now kneeling in front of me. There was something in her eyes as she looks at me. Something foreign to me, and I can't seem to point it out.

We continue the staring battle that we're having as she put both her arms on either side of my body trapping me. I remained calm trying to figure out what's going through her mind. Then slowly, ever so slowly, she moved closer and closer to me. She maintained eye contact by levelling her face with mine. She uses her arms to support her.

Me, on the other hand, moved my knees closer to me as she crawl over. My hands involuntarily moved over to where my chest is. I can feel my heart beat fast, I'm afraid it might jump out of me.

She moved even closer. Inch by inch, her face came closer to mine. Closer and closer until there's almost no space between us.

'What's going on? What is she doing? What am I doing??' I was certainly freaked out. A whirlwind of emotions came over me.

I was brought back to my senses when I felt the tip of her nose touch mine. It made my breath hitch. I looked at her lips when I noticed her looking at mine. Then I went back and focused on looking at her eyes as she closes it.

My heart that was racing fast suddenly stopped as I felt her breath against my lips. Again, her scent invaded my nose.

My mind went blank.

I decided to surrender.

Then I closed my eyes.