Tapu Koko x Reader

Today was the first day you were going to the Ruins of Conflict alone. Before your mother had always accompanied you, but she thought you were finally old enough to go without her. You were pretty nervous to say the least. You didn't know exactly what to do; before you had kneeled with your mother at the altar in front of the sacred statue to pray. Well, your mother did, you just put your head down.

"Pray thanks for it's protection and the things you can do because of it."

She offered when you brought up that problem.

You sighed as you tried to quickly think of something, as you were almost there. Normally you didn't want to walk across the Mahalo Trail bridge, due to the fear of falling into the rushing current below, but you didn't realize you were on it until you were halfway across. Your knees became heavy, making you fall and grip the side rails for dear life. You called for help, but no one was usually up at this early hour. You started to cry as realization struck you: You were stuck.

After a few minutes of lying on the bridge, painfully listening to the flowing water below you, you decided to try and get up again. It took several tries, but you finally managed to stand. The bridge was so unstable that every step you took shook the bridge to the point where you almost fell down again. 

It seemed like eternity you were slowly making you way across the bridge. When the other side was just a few feet away, you decided to be gutsy and leap for it.

You were just short. Your foot hit hard a mere few inches from the edge and your worst fear came true as you felt the wood give beneath you.

You screamed in thought of it being your last moments, when you were caught by something. You didn't open your eyes until you heard a soft purr in your ears.

"Ko-ko-ko..."

You peaked open your eyes and saw the Island Guardian above you, holding you to it's chest.

"Tapu Koko.." You whispered.

"Koko-ko.." It purred again, setting you down in your front yard.

"You... you know where I live?" You asked it. It nodded, and you both turned your heads to the sound of the front door opening. Your mother stood there, hands over her mouth.

You heard a cry from the Tapu again, and when you turned back, it was gone.

"Thank you..." You prayed out to it, while your mother ran over to you star-struck, asking frantically what happened. You merely grinned at her and said you now knew what to be thankful for.