Awkward

EVE

"Eve you have to talk to them!" Lucy told me as she unpacked some of her essentials in her small bathroom.

"No, that letter made me think more, but we could have sorted out their problems another way!" I exclaimed pacing around in her room.

"A way of which you would have never met me." Heath said suddenly. I didn't know he had been listening.

"No, Heath that's not what I said." I ran to him but his face was hard.

"I've done a lot for you, to make up your loss, but meeting you changed my life, for the best. Now I see everything I've given you was worthless-" he told me his voice hard like stone.

"No! Heath that's not true, you know it's not, I love you." I told him placing a hand on his chin to look down at me.

"That's what I heard..." He stated then walked slowly but sadly out the door, before the front door slammed.

"I agree with Heath. Eve many people in your new life, like me And Jazz have cared for you and that's what you say in return, I think you should get out." Lucy frowned her eyes watering as she pointed to the door.

"Lucy I didn't mean it." I begged.

She just shook her head and turned away.

I walked out the door closing it behind me. I stared at the door for several moments.

"Evie!" I heard Lisa ask.

I whirled round to face her worried expression. "Don't call me Evie." I snapped, then ran past her slamming the front door in her face.

I ran down the path and looked either side of me, I saw a depressed Heath walking away.

"Heath!" I yelled running to him. He looked over his shoulder and sighed before turning away and walking faster. "Heath! Wait! Please!" I called following him down the street.

When I reached him, I grabbed his shoulder and pulled him to a stop to face me. "Heath." I breathed.

"What?" He asked pulling from my touch.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean what I said, I was angry with my parents from the start. Meeting you was great and I'm happy now, don't you think I don't. Thankyou for everything Heath, I love you." I told him trying to soften his rock hard expression.

"Eve you don't have to lie to me, no matter what I want no lies between us, whether you say you love me or not, no lies." He replied.

"I'm not lying Heath! I can prove it." Then without a reply, I pulled him gently but hastily to me so I could kiss his soft lips, and put some sense into him. At first he didn't join me, but after a minuet his lips softened and he kissed me passionately, pressing his palm on the small of my back. I massaged his neck pulling him closer.

I loved him, there was no doubt in my mind, but I had messed up big time, and I wouldn't loose him, ever.

HEATH

She had upset me, really upset me, and no matter how nice her kiss was I would still have a nagging part of my brain yelling, she is a liar, and no matter how much I try that part of me will never go away...

I kissed her softly running out of breath, when I reluctantly pulled away my breaths were ragged and I smiled at her. She giggled her cute innocent laugh making my insides melt.

"We need to go for a jog or five!" She teased taking my hand.

"You can say that again." I laughed with her.

"Yup!" She smiled happily.

"Care for a walk?"

"Sure why not?!" She skipped along pulling me after her.

******

HEATH

We laughed, jumped, ate some food from a hot dog cart, and sat on a park bench and chatted happily.

"Thanks, Heath. No matter what you have always been here for me, I don't deserve you." She suddenly blurted out.

"Hey, no that's not true, at all!" I told her holding her shoulders so she couldn't look away from me.

"It is! All the way through this, I've either thought you was a snob, money man, or I've taken advantage of you!" She explained.

"I know that...but I looked past that, and so do you..." I smiled encouragingly at her.

"Okay, I'll try. Lets go home." She sighed pulling me to a cab so we could go back home.

EVE

When we got home I prepared to speak to Lucy. I had been mean to her and she was right she had cared for me from the beginning. I shouldn't treat her like dirt.

"Eve!" Lucy called from her window as we walked up the long path.

"Lucy, I'm-" I started calling.

"Shhhhhh. Climb through here." She whispered signalling us over to her.

"Why?" I asked pulling Heath over to the window, as we helped each other in.

"Your mum-"

"Lisa." I corrected her.

"Okay, Lisa, said to me she is going to confront you when you come back, so I thought I would save you the anger." She smiled shutting the window once we were in.

"Thanks, can we stay here till they go to bed?" I asked Lucy.

"Yea sure." She replied hugging me.

"I'm sorry." I whispered hugging her back as Heath sad on the corner sofa.

"It's fine." She smiled at me making me feel happy again.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door making us jump.

"I'll answer it." Heath offered walking to the door.

"Okay." Lucy agreed standing next to me.

"Hello Lisa." Heath said politely.

"Hi Heath, yours and Eve's bed is ready, we are going to bed." I heard Lisa say her voice monotone.

"Okay, thankyou, night Lisa." He replied gratefully.

"Night. Oh and me and my husband will be out all day tomorrow." She added before walking away sharply.

Heath shut the door lightly, and turned to me and Lucy.

"Our bed is ready." He smiled then walked out to get dressed.

Well at least I had made up with everyone because I loved them both too much to loose.