Chapter 41 - We'll Drift Apart, Forget Each Other

"Long, long, long time ago-"

"But not very long time ago," I added.

"Yes, not very long time ago. Just a few years back, I was a splendid student-"

"Then why did you say the whole 'long, long time ago' part?"

"For effects. And-"

"Splendid student? Really?"

I snorted. Asher just glared at me for cutting him off, twice.

"I was, okay? Not exactly splendid, but...better than others," he said.

I rolled my eyes.

"Anyways, I was like the most popular, hottest, the most-wanted guy in the whole school, which as a matter of fact, consisted of about twenty thousand students," he explained, as he did a hair flip.

"I don't believe you. You're not that good-looking. I've seen much more attractive guys in my life, and even dated a few," I stated.

"Who? Please, go ahead and enlighten me," he challenged.

"Elliot," I answered with a smirk.

He just grumbled under his breath, how life was unfair. But he didn't argue against it.

"You know, calling you ex-boyfriend 'much more attractive' in front of your newly made boyfriend isn't a very wise thing to do," he advised.

He made a fair point there.

"Yeah, sorry." I muttered.

"All is forgiven. Anyways, I was the bad-boy, broke school rules, yada, yada, yada, the typical bad-boy stuff. Everything was going just as I had imagined high school as a kid. I had the girls, the gang, the money, and the perfect life."

He sighed.

"I didn't want it to change, or maybe I did. I don't know. I didn't even know anyone could change it without my consent, but she did," he said.

My mood instantly got a little more downer, I don't know why though. His past love life didn't matter anymore, but it sure wasn't a topic I'd like to chat about.

"Now, now," he said, noticing the slight downfall in my expression. "Don't turn go all 'possessive girlfriend' on me. Remember, it's all in the past."

I glared at him. He thinks I'm possessive. But, I'm anything but that.

"I'm not, you idiot. Of course it's in the past. You're not in high school right now, are you?" I snapped.

I swear I didn't mean to be that harsh. But I was.

"Sorry," I muttered.

"Nah, it's alright. I know how you're feeling, anyways," he replied. "Moving on, her name was Alyssa."

Sounds familiar.

"Blonde, grey eyes, fair complexion and five feet four inches tall. She was everything I had dreamed of. Everything. When we were dating, like officially, I was the happiest guy on earth," he sighed.

He's exaggerating so much.

Thanks Asher, for telling me that I'm not everything you had dreamed of.