0.41

Rowen's emotional state had turned for the worst with the loss of her father. She closed herself from everyone including George who was getting more and more concerned for his girlfriend as it drew closer for her to return to Hogwarts once more. He watched her closely as she sat at the kitchen table in the burrow, eating a piece of toast. She was reading the Daily Prophet article on the increased number of Death Eater attacks and disappearances, including that of Ollivander the wand maker. She sat down the paper and ate the rest of the meal Molly had put on her plate slowly. She was being forced to eat by Molly and she detested the woman for it. It should be her choice to eat or not, she was now in her seventh and final year at Hogwarts and she was of age. So she should be able to do whatever she wanted. She hadn't heard from Harry all summer and she was beginning to get paranoid that something was wrong. 

When evening came Rowen sat in the room that used to belong to the twins. She was alone finally, no one watching her. Since they only were there in the mornings since opening their shop and she was working there during the day to keep her mind off everything that had happened to not only her, but everyone she cared about as well. Rowen heard an owl and was immediately confused. She opened her bedroom door and followed the noise downstairs, Ginny was right behind her.

"Hedwig?" Rowen said sticking her finger in the owl's cage and petting her feathers.

"Mum!" Ginny yelled upstairs. Rowen also noticed Harry's truck and wondered how his belongings got here but he was nowhere in sight.

"What is it, Ginny? Is it your father? Has something happened at the Ministry? Has he been kidnapped? Is it the Death Eaters?" Molly wasn't the only one who was paranoid over something happening. The Weasley's are known Blood Traitors in their world, Rowen herself was half-blood, and anyone who could possibly be against Voldemort could go at any moment.

"Exactly. How'd you guess?" Molly must've done something, "I'm joking, Mum."

"You're worse than Fred and George."

"Now you're joking." Rowen said, "we were wondering when Harry got here."

"Harry who?"

"Harry Dimpleton. Harry Potter, of course."

"I think I'd know if Harry Potter was in my house, wouldn't I?"

"Well his trunk's in the kitchen. And his owl."

"I seriously doubt that." Hedwig screeched causing Rowen to pull her finger out of the cage quickly. Both girls heard another door open and Ron peered out over the railing.

"Harry? Did someone say Harry?"

"Us, nosy. Is he up there with you?"

"'Course not. Think I'd know if my best friend was in my room, wouldn't I?" another door opened and Hermione came out of the bathroom with a toothbrush in her hand.

"Was that an owl I heard?"

"Harry's. Haven't seen him, have you? Apparently, he's wandering about the house." Ginny said.

"Really?" 

"Really." Rowen sprung into action quickly launching herself into the arms of her cousin, "I missed you too, Rowen."

"Harry!" Rowen let go and Ginny hugged him. Ron, Hermione, and Molly all charged down the steps and hugged Harry.

"But why didn't you tell us you were coming?" Molly asked.

"Didn't know." Harry shrugged, "Dumbledore."

"That man. But then, what would we do without him?" 

"You've got a bit of..." Ron said reaching out to touch Hermione, but she retracted so quickly it caught everyone by surprise. He then gestured to the toothpaste on Hermione's chin. She wipes it off and gives him a weird look. Ron and Harry got his trunk up the stairs to Ron's bedroom while Rowen took Hedwig up. 

Rowen sat in Ron's room with Harry, Ron, and Hermione. She grabbed the Daily Prophet off Ron's floor that she had read earlier that morning and ignited it. It tumbled around with blue flames and Harry poked it with the tip of his wand.

"When'd you get here?" he asked Hermione.

"A few days ago. Though..for a bit, I wasn't sure I was coming." Harry looked at her.

"Mum sort of lost it last week. Said Ginny, Rowen, and I had no business going back to Hogwarts. That it's too dangerous." Ron told him.

"Oh come on..." Harry said.

"She's not alone. Even my parents--and they're Muggles--know something bad is happening."

"Anyway, Dad stepped in, told her she was being barmy. Took a day or two, but she came around."

"But we're talking about Hogwarts. Dumbledore. What could be safer?"

"Have you not been present for everything that has happened within Hogwarts since you were eleven?" Rowen questioned her cousin.

"There's been a lot of chatter lately. That's he's gotten...old."

"Rubbish. He's only--what?"

"A hundred and fifty. Give or take a few years." Ron said. They all just nod before breaking out into laugher but it grew quiet again quickly.

"How are you doing, Row?" Harry asked looking over at her.

"Terrible truthfully. But I feel more connected when I have you here." Harry reached for her hand and she latched hers onto his, "we are connected not just by blood but our pain, or loss. It's what makes us strong." Rowen's eyes were fierce when looking into Harry's, "we will prevail."