60

"Did you see that? Up there!" Fives yelled, he pointed up and saw to incoming flying creature, "Yeah, ready your weapons!" Rex yelled, the clones took out their blasters and pointed them upwards. They started shooting them but missed, one of the clones got grabbed but Krell saved him, Krell hopped on top of another one of the creatures and stabbed it with his lightsabers, he sliced the one flying through the air as well. "Anyone else want to stop and play with the animals?" Krell asked as he stomped on the head of the one he sliced, "Didn't think so." Krell said quietly, "Now keep moving!" He yelled, the clones stayed quiet and walked behind Krell and Natalia. 

"Sir, we've been keeping this pace for twelve hours, our men are getting worn out. We need to rest." Tup explained to Rex, "General, the ridge above their would make a great place for the men to make camp." Rex told Krell as he pointed to a ridge, "The men don't need rest, they need the resolve of getting the task at hand done." Krell argued, "But sir." Rex cut in, "CT-7567, are you reading me?" Krell asked, "Excuse me?" Rex asked, clearly shocked by being called his operating number, "I asked you a question, CT-7567, do you understand the need of following my strategy?" Krell asked Rex, "Sir, the terrain is extremely hostile, my men are making good time here, but they just need a bit of a break." Rex continued to argue with the Jedi, Natalia was starting to lose her patience with Krell. "Captain, do I need to remind you the battalions mission on conquering this planet. Look back, see those platoons, they're mission is to take this city and take it swiftly, time and rest are luxuries the Republic cannot afford, we are the key to this invasion. The other battalion is counting on our support! If we fail everyone fails! Do you understand this?! Do all of you understand this?!" Krell yelled at Rex, Rex just stayed silent.

"Let's go." Krell said grumpily as he started moving forward again. They reached the ridge and stopped for supply check. "Sir, we're ready to bring our forward platoons on the strike on the city." Rex told them as he walked over to Natalia and Krell who were planning routes. "There won't be any need, Captain." Krell told Rex, "Sir?" He asked, "All of the platoons will execute a forward assault on the main routes to the city." Krell instructed as he pointed out these routes. "But sir! General Skywalker and I had a plan to conduct surprise attacks!" Natalia pointed out, "If we come from the main routes, they're more likely to attack us and turn it into a full frontal assault." Rex told the overpowering Jedi, "Change of plans, Captain, I'm in command now." Krell said darkly, "With all due respect General, we don't know what we're up against, it might be wiser to think first." Natalia said, Rex nodded in agreement, "Are you questioning my order?" Krell once again yelled at Rex, he turned on a hologram of the city and showed it to Rex and Natalia.

"This battalion will take this road straight to the capital, you will not stop and you will not turn back regardless of the resistance you meet, we'll attack them with all our troops, not just some sneak attack with a few men, that is my order and you will follow it explicitly, do you understand that, CT-7567?!" He yelled in Rex's face, "Yes, General." Rex said stiffly, "Now engage!" Krell yelled at the battalion, this whole time Natalia stayed silent as Rex saluted Krell and walked off, Natalia followed him closely. "I'm sorry about that, Rex. I hope you know that all Jedi aren't that strict." Natalia reassured Rex, he just nodded and went to instruct his men, Natalia stood still and crossed her arms. The battalion started moving again, on to engage the enemy.

"Why aren't we sticking to our original plan?" Hardcase asked, "I'm not sure." Jesse replied, "We're going to take them head on." Fives said excitedly, "I find this General far too reckless, unlike General Schulter." Fives said, "Or maybe it's because General Krell actually knows what he's doing." Hardcase stated. "I know you disagree with these orders." Fives said to Rex, "I did stand up to General Krell, I told him we should stick to our original plan but he didn't agree, so... This is it." Rex said with a shrug, "Well, what if he's wrong? Then what?" Fives asked, "This isn't time for a debate, right now we have to stay alert." Rex said, "Cut the chatter." Natalia told the clones sternly, they stopped talking. "It's too quiet out there." One of clones said, "I agree." Natalia said, "But we're just making it louder." She said. Suddenly two deafening booms went off and clones went flying, "Get down! Nobody move!" Natalia yelled, every single clone went down with Natalia. Rex and Natalia got up, "Fives, can you sweep em?" Natalia asked as he checked the dead clones, "Yep, it looks like the whole road's been booby trapped, there are more over here." Fives told them, "Everyone be very careful, watch your steps." Rex told everyone. "There's no doubt they heard that, though." Natalia said with a sigh.

Suddenly another explosion came from behind Natalia and Rex, Natalia turned her lightsaber on and saw Umbarans coming towards them, they were shooting down troopers already. "We've been completely exposed!" Hardcase yelled, "Hold your ground!" Rex shouted over the fire fight. "The Umbarans are advancing!" Fives yelled as he blasted down Umbarans, "Keep firing, their numbers aren't infinite." Natalia shouted as she sliced down an Umbaran. "Make em eat heat!" One of the clones yelled as he fired down at least five Umbarans. "Fives is absolutely brutal." Natalia thought to herself as he flipped an Umbaran over him and punched his helmet, soon shooting him in the head. Natalia saw one try to sneak up on Rex but she ran over to the Umbaran and locked her arms around it's waist, she leaned back and flipped over it, she looked at him, his helmet shattered as gases started leaking out of it, she sighed as she turned her lightsaber back on and stabbed the Umbaran in the head.

"They're coming from all directions!"