coming home // matty

idk double update thing bc why not (this one is off tumblr also)

// words: 377

"I'm so glad you're back," you spoke softly to Matty as he hugged you.

He had just gotten home from a three month American tour.

"Me too."

After finally letting go of the hug, Matty went into the kitchen.

"What are you doing?" you asked.

"Cooking dinner."

"Aw," you smiled. "You're sweet."

You tried to help, but Matty insisted that you didn't. Until dinner was ready, you just hung out in the living room and watched TV.

Dinner didn't take long and Matty called you to the kitchen in no time. Candles were lit in the middle of the table and the lights were dimmed. Matty had one of his bands CD's in the stereo at low volume and everything was perfectly romantic.

You sat down across from him and began to eat. Matty had cooked your favorite; spaghetti. You two drank wine for the occasion of him coming home.

Matty and you talked as you ate dinner. You asked him how tour was and he told you all of the tour stories he always had. Once you were both finished eating, you made your way upstairs to the bedroom. For the first time in months, you two had sex.

- -

When you woke up in the morning Matty wasn't next to you as he usually was. There was a delicious smell coming from downstairs, so you immediately went to check it out. As soon as you got down you saw that Matty had made breakfast for you two.

"For you," Matty smiled, holding out a plate for you.

"Thank you," you smiled back before taking it and setting it down at the table.

The plate had bacon and eggs on it. You felt a little spoiled with Matty making you so much food. But, you never asked for it, so it was sweet of him.

"You're like my personal chef," you giggled.

"Matty Healy, full time musician, part time personal chef," Matty laughed.

"Thanks for all the food, I love you!"

"Love you too."

Having him back at home made you the happiest you had been in months. You were glad that you had him to yourself for the rest of the year until he went back on tour.