Ten

"You're right, this was a bad idea." Jonathan cried to his wife. It was the day after Christmas and Florence had already proved herself a superb flyer.

"Actually, I think it's a great idea. I mean look she's a natural!" Allison cried.

"She is pretty good." Johnathan agreed.

"Now to put her to the real test. FLORENCE!" Allison screamed. Florence headed towards the ground and hopped off her new broom.

"Yes?" She asked.

"You can fly, but take this." Allison handed Florence a tennis ball. Argo tried to grab it, but Allison gave him a different toy.

"It's small, but that's your quaffle." Allison pointed towards the forest. "You throw it in there you get a point."

Florence looked towards the forest and chucked the ball as hard as she could.

"Merlin Florence, you have to be on your broom and on a real Quidditch Field that won't happen often."

"Fine." Florence muttered. Allison used the Summoning Charm to get the ball back.

"Meanwhile I'll be throwing water balloons at you. Get hit you start again."

"Deal." Florence grabbed the tennis ball and mounted her broom. Allison went on the porch and grabbed a bucket of water balloons. Using her wand she lifted one up and sent it flying towards her daughter. Florence ducked as the balloon spared over her head. Allison had a large smile.

"Good, now go." Allison instructed. Florence began to fly towards the forest, but Allison wouldn't let it be that easy. The next ballon smacked Florence in the back.

"If that was a Bludger you'd be injured! Remember Florence, you also must watch out for those. You can't just fly towards the goal and not look out for those and other players." Allison informed when Florence came back.

"But aren't the beaters supposed to keep that from happening?" Allison raised an eyebrow.

"The beaters won't always be able to get there on time. Also, watch out for the seeker. If they see the Snitch they won't stop so you can pass." Florence nodded.

"Alright, let's try again." Allison said.

One hour later the family entered their house. Florence only got hit four times and got the tennis ball into the woods plenty more times. Allison turned to her daughter and smiled.

"You'll be ready for next years tryouts."

Not long after Florence was on her way back towards Hogwarts. The next time she'd be with her family is at the end of June.

"Have a good rest of your year." Jonathan said giving Florence a hug.

"I'll see you soon." Florence said. Allison was the next to give her a hug.

"Write to us." Allison said.

"I will mam."

When Florence boarded the train she spotted Sirius and James.

" 'Ello you two." Florence cried, running in between the two.

"Florence? I thought you hated us because you know we'll be better pranksters." James said with a cocky smile.

"Actually, I thought about it. You two can prank all you want. I'll get in trouble for different things."

"Giving up so easy?" Sirius asked.

"Never said I was giving up. Face it boys, you and I both know all three of are going to go down in Gryffindor history. When out kids come to Hogwarts teachers will run in fear." Florence snickered as she left the two to find Catalina.

"Cat!" Florence cried as she opened the compartment door. She closed it behind her and sat next to Catalina.

"Flor." Catalina mumbled.

"Flor?"

"I get a nickname you get one. Flo also works."

"Fair enough. So, how was your Christmas?" A wave of memories flooded over Catalina. Her smile faded and she just stared at Florence.

"Cat, what happened?" Catalina took a deep breath before telling Florence.

"My parents got in a huge fight. My dad walked out and hasn't come back. He sent divorce papers the other day. Mums heartbroken and extremely mad."

"Cat, I'm so sorry." Florence immediately felt guilty for asking. She may not have known, but she could tell Catalina didn't want to talk about it.

"It's fine! Anyway, tell me about yours." Florence hesitated for a minute. Catalina had a horrible Christmas, but Florence had an amazing one. However, Catalina wanted to hear about it, so Florence told her.