Chapter 21

Very short but I am very busy! Next one will be way longer.  

Ripper had to go and wash himself soon after, blood was everywhere coating him like a fine layer of sweat. 

The head of the other gang drew my attention, tapping on the table."We're leaving this afternoon. Thank you for being such a good host" Viper murmured, taking a drag of his cigarette. I turned to him, surprised. "You haven't been here long!" 

He nodded once. "There's no need for us to be here any longer. Your dad is healthy enough to continue leading, Ripper's back to protect...all is back to normal" 

It was weird, I had gotten used to their presence and now felt that I would actually kind of miss them. Even Hammer- who hadn't turned up. They were like- no, Viper was family to me now. I stood and went to the kitchen, pulling out breads and salads with cold meats to start making sandwiches to get my mind off the impending goodbyes. 

"I'll make you some food for the road" 

Viper gave me what might have been a smile and turned his attention back to dad. "Hammer has things to sort out with Ripper. He'll be staying back in a flat he owns a bit of a ways out" 

I raised a brow, knowing Ripper wouldn't like this. At all. Seamus came up beside me to help out, ever the loyal prospect. 

Dad just nodded slowly, eyes flicking to the sound of water running in the bathroom. Seems we were both in the same mindset about that. 

"Make sure he knows about today- about what Ripper said and did to your man" 

Viper nodded, standing. "I'll go find and tell him now. Be back before we leave" 

I waved as he left, some of his men following suit. 

"You gonna be alright with Hammer still here Cor?" Seamus finally said, packing the finished sandwiches away. Would I? It's not like he really mattered in the long run, all he did was flirt to piss Ripper off. Ripper would get jealous, but he knew who I wanted. 

"Of course my little cub. Are you worried? Mama bear will protect you" 

He scoffed and elbowed me, shaking his pretty head. "I'm not afraid to admit that. And i am happy you will protect me" 

Aww. Whatever woman-or man found his heart later on would be blessed, blessed I tell you. We finished the sandwiches, packing them in the manliest containers we could find and placing them on the table for the boys to come back to. 

"You look like you're gonna miss 'em sweetheart" Dad said, startling me out of my stupor. I wrapped an arm around Seamus' shoulder and nodded. "Yeah, I will. Viper's like the weird old uncle I didn't know I wished I wanted" 

Dad cracked up, agreeing with me. "Well, he'll be back sometime soon- with his wife. And she's definitely a handful" 

I looked up to see Ripper exciting the bathroom, hair wet and still dripping- did this man not know having wet hair would encourage the flu? I sighed and walked over to him, bringing him to my room and throwing a towel on his head as he sat down. 

The room was getting a bit small from all the stuff I kept buying- or Ripper kept buying me, and I started thinking about getting another house as I dried his hair. 

"What are you thinking about?" 

I paused. "Moving out" 

Dad would understand- if anything, he'd support me fully. Having another room free in his nearly always full house would be easier on him. 

Ripper was silent for a beat. "Move in with me" 

I paused scrubbing his hair, towel dropping to the floor. Ripper actuallly wanted me in his house? I knew he loved me- but the man was still extremely private. 

"Really?" 

"Have I ever said something I wasn't serious about?"

I shrugged a shoulder, picking up the towel. "True"

His shoulders relaxed, voice dropping a tone. "It makes the most sense. You know it does"

Loving someone and living with them were two very different things in my world- sure I was one to make impulse decisions, but living with someone you love? Taking another big step? 

Hoo baby, mama didn't know if she was ready. But then the big man turned around, swept his gooey eyes onto mine and melted me with that stupidly cute nickname.

"Sugar, give it a chance" 

I stared at him for a long while, hands fidgeting as his intense gaze bored through me. 

A beat. 

"Okay." 

_______