Diner

I was lying on the newly bought couch staring at the plain apartment walls, my roommate and I have yet to do much decorating although we've been living here for about two years. My eyes wandered to the television which was playing an episode of Flash Gordon. Just as things were starting to get interesting the doorbell rang distracting me. I pouted and stood walking over to see who was ringing.

"Hey Olivia." My neighbor, whom is also my close friend, Steve smiled at me.

"Steve!" I grinned, "what brings you around?"

"I was just taking a walk, it's such a nice day out isn't it?" He asked looking around at the warm sun filled day.

"It is." I smiled admiring the captivating view.

"Anyway, I'm heading towards the diner right now for lunch, and I know you're at the diner all the time, but would you like to join me?" Steve offered.

"Sure, I'd love to join ya." I smiled, "let me just lock up." Steve nodded as I made my way back inside to grab my purse off of our old coat hanger and the keys from the counter. I make sure to lock up the apartment before stepping out.

Steve offered up his arm for me to take, which I happily did. "So, how'd it go?" I asked Steve.

"How'd what go?" He looked away nervously.

"Steve, I know you went out of town to try to enlist again." I sighed. "You have to be careful, one of these days they might catch you, or worse they'll atually take you." I frowned.

"I know," he sighed, "I just, don't like standing by and doing nothing, while there's a war going on ."

"I understand that steve, but I don't know what I'd do if I lost you Steve- just, please promise me you'll stop." I pleaded looking into his bright blue eyes.

"You know I can't do that." Steve sighed looking down at his worn out shoes.

"I know." I sighed, "just thought I'd ask."

"Cheer up! I'll buy you some pie!" Steve tried to lighten the mood.

"Mm that sounds delicious." I smiled dropping the topic.

"Come on." Steve took my small hand in his leading me inside the diner. His eyes scanned the room for an open seat when his eyes landed on a man sitting alone, "oh! Hey look! It's my friend buck!" Steve's eyes lit up as he rushed us towards the table.

"Hey Steve!" Steve's friend grinned and we took a seat in the booth in front of him.

"Bucky! This is my friend Olivia, Olivia this is Bucky." Steve introduced us.

"Hiya doll." Bucky grinned sticking his callous hand out for me.

"Oh, hello." I blushed placing my hand in his.

He pressed a gentle kiss to my hand, "how's a lovely dame like you end up with this kid?" Bucky teased.

"Hey!" Steve protested.

"I'm only teasin'." Bucky laughed. "Steve's a great guy."

"One of the best." I agreed leaning over to give steve a side hug.

One of my co workers, Janice, came over and took our orders, I of course ordered a burger and a milkshake which wasn't odd since it was my usual.

"Wow doll, you sure can pack it away." Bucky laughed.

"I also pack a pretty good punch." I furrowed my eyebrows and crossed my arms as I glared at him slightly.

"Noted." Bucky lifted his hands in mock surrender. Steve just laughed patting my shoulder letting me know he was only teasing.

As we waited for our food, Steve and Bucky got to talking and I got the chance take in Bucky's features. My eyes raked his features taking in every detail of his face, he had beautiful blue eyes, much like Steve's, and A nice chiseled jaw along with a smile to die for. He seemed well built, unlike Steve and taller too, maybe around 6' foot if I'm guessing correctly. Bucky unfortunately caught my gaze and winked causing my face to burn up in an embarrassing blush.

"How d'ya two know each other?" Bucky asked, his hand motioning to Steve and I.

"Oh, I live in the same apartment complex as Steve." I answered. "We ended up bumping into each other quite a bit, and eventually became friends." Bucky only nodded as the savory food arrived.

"Thank heavens , I'm starving." I mumbled seeing my tasty burger placed in front of me, Bucky obviously heard me and stifled a chuckle.

We spent the rest of the evening talking and getting to know eachother. I had taken a certain liking to Bucky after I got to know him a little better. Bucky had informed me that he worked out by the docks everyday but he had fortunately gotten the day off today which was a rare occurrence apparently, which I was glad about.

"Oh dear, it's getting late." I pouted, "I should probably head home." I stood from my seat ready to say my goodbyes to the boys.

"I'll walk you." Both boys called out.

I chuckled shaking my head, "it's fine, you boys are having a good time. I can take care of myself you know." I smirked raising an eyebrow. They both continued to protest which earned them an eye roll.

"I brought you here, I should be the one to take you back." Steve insisted standing up.

"I'll walk ya both back." Bucky smiled standing up as well.

I sighed giving up, "I suppose."

The three of us walked out of the diner onto the dimly lit street. I shivered slightly wrapping my arms around myself when my light cardigan did nothing to protect me against the cold. Bucky must have noticed because he removed his jacket and placed it over my small shoulders. "Oh, no buck, you'll catch a cold." I handed it back even though I desperately wanted to keep it.

"It's alright doll, I'm not cold." He smiled placing it over my shoulders again. I smiled and thanked him clinging to the warm jacket.

The three of us kept walking until we reached Steve's apartment, "Thanks for lunch steve." I smiled hugging him.

"Anytime." He smiled pressing a kiss to my cheek before saying goodbye to Bucky. We both waved at him as he walked inside his dark apartment.

Bucky smiled down at me, "lead the way, doll."

I nodded and led him towards my place which was only another floor up, "I really enjoyed meeting you buck." I smiled.

"I really enjoyed meeting ya too, Liv." Bucky smiled as we neared my door.

I went to take off his jacket until he stopped me again. "Keep it, it'll give me and excuse to see ya again." Bucky winked.

I blushed nodding, "Thanks for walking me."

"Even though ya didn't want me to?" Bucky teased.

"Yes," I laughed, " goodnight james." I leaned over to press a gentle kiss on his cheek.

Bucky grinned backing away, "I'll see ya around doll." I smiled one last time before stepping inside the apartment and closing the door.

I sighed happily before running off to my room trying not to wake my roommate.

I couldn't wait to see Bucky again.

A/N:

Hey guys!! This is one of my first Bucky fanfic so bear with me!!