Second Chances

AN: Fair warning, sexual things happen in this chapter. Enjoy!

Lauren was home alone. Her parents were out of town with her siblings for her brother's volleyball tournament. She had just finished dinner and was cleaning up the dishes when her mind started to wander off to her neighbor. The last couple of weeks had been hard not talking to Camila at all and she found herself thinking a lot about the younger Cuban. Lauren was trying everything she could think of to keep herself busy so she wouldn't contact Camila before she was ready. She finished the dishes and went into the living room, sitting down to put on a movie.

Camila had finished getting ready. She wanted to show Lauren that she cared. Camila wanted to plan a surprise for the older girl, to show her that she was ready and serious about this thing going on between them. She took a deep breath and looked outside. It was perfect. It was dark outside but her headlights would be their light for the evening. She wanted the impromptu hangout, hopeful date in her mind, to go smoothly. She was usually the one to be taken out on a date, she had never been the one planning it. She took a deep breath and grabbed both sets of ice skates she had bought from her garage before walking out of the house. She put them in the car and walked over to Lauren's. It was still pretty cold outside. The snow was still falling, but only lightly this time around. She took the steps one at a time, slowly, before knocking.

About half way through the movie Lauren heard a knocking on the door. She paused the movie and got up, walking over to the door. Lauren opened it and saw Camila standing there, "Hey." She said smiling softly at the girl. She was in her sweats and a tank top, hair on top of her head and glasses on. "I wasn't expecting anyone." She said, letting Camila know why she wasn't put together.

When Lauren answered, Camila smiled and leaned against the frame. The older girl looked incredible. She could see the outline of Lauren's abs through her tank top and the girl's toned arms. Camila shook her head and turned her focus back to the reason she was there, "Well.. you should get dressed and wear something warm. I want to take you somewhere."

Lauren looked at the girl on the other side of the door. She opened it more, inviting Camila inside. She closed the door behind the girl as she smiled softly. Camila looked cute. "You look nice." Lauren said as she faced the younger girl. "Um. Do you want to wait down here, or come up with me while I get dressed? It's gonna take me a few minutes." She said softly to Camila.

Camila stepped in after making sure the snow was off of her boots and smiled. She wrapped her arms around Lauren to hug her and shook her head. "Nope. I'm going to be a gentlewoman and stay down here and wait for you."

They hockey player smiled as she hugged Camila back. She looked at the girl and brushed some hair out of her face. "Okay. I'll be right back." She said as she turned and went upstairs as  Camila walked over to the couch and sat down. In Camila's mind this was a date, their first date, and she wanted to prove to Lauren that she was in it for real.

Lauren went into her closet and pulled out her compression shorts, putting them on. She then slid on her jeans. She put on a bra and searched for her thermal, remembering that Camila told her to dress warm. Lauren quickly found it and pulled it on before putting on a knitted sweater. She went into her bathroom and put her hair down, touching it up in the mirror. When she was satisfied, Lauren turned around and went back down the stairs. She smiled as she saw Camila on the couch. "I'm ready." She said, walking into the living room. "I just need to put on my shoes and jacket." Lauren said softly.

Camila had been practicing for two weeks. She had been planning this since the moment she broke up with Michael, who took it surprisingly well. They were going to remain friends and that was it. She stood up when Lauren walked down the stairs. The older girl looked amazing in her casual clothes. She took a deep breath and nodded. "Come on then," she smiled. She already had a pair of brand new ice skates in the trunk of her car. She bought them for Lauren. The other ones were getting worn and figured, why not surprise her with new skates. She watched as Lauren put on her shoes. While she did that, Camila went over to grab the older girl's jacket from the coat rack.