Study Dates

Camila was waiting in the car for Lauren as she yawned. She was exhausted from being up most of the night thinking about her girlfriend. She hated her last class of the day. The teacher's voice was so annoying; his voice was monotone and it could easily put someone to sleep if they were tired enough. The cheerleader leaned against the door and pressed her head against the window as she waited for her girlfriend to get to her car. She really wanted to go up to Lauren all day and kiss her and just tell everyone that she was dating Lauren, but she didn't; she was going to respect Lauren's decision.

The older girl was running a little late after school. She promised to ride home with Camila that afternoon because she didn't have practice after school. She got her stuff out of her locker as quickly as she could and turned to head down the hall when she ran into someone. "Sorry." Lauren said as she dropped her bag.

"Watch where you're going loser." Keaton said as he walked past her, shoving her a little harder than necessary. She sighed as she picked up her bag and headed outside.

Lauren instantly spotted Camila sitting in her car, so she quickly walked over and got in the passenger side. "Sorry I'm late." She said as she put her bag between her legs on the ground.

Camila took a deep breath and smiled when she heard the door open. She turned her head and shook it. "Don't worry about it, baby. How was your day?" She wanted to greet her the way a real girlfriend should, but she knew Lauren wouldn't let her in the middle of the school's parking lot. She smiled and pulled out of the parking lot. Once they were out, she reached over and held onto Lauren's hand. "I've missed you." She ran her thumb against the back of her hand.

The raven-haired girl wanted to kiss Camila the second that she got into the car, but there were still a lot of people left at the school and in the parking lot. She put on her seatbelt as Camila started to drive away. "My day was the usual." Lauren said as she sighed. Camila knew that school wasn't easy for her, but the older girl chose not to talk about it with her girlfriend. "How was yours?" She asked softly. She smiled when her girlfriend laced their fingers together. "You saw me in 3 different classes today." She laughed softly, "But nevertheless, I missed you, too."

Camila shrugged. "It would have been better if Mr. Crotchgrabber wouldn't have gotten after me for asking that question in class. It was an innocent question!" She smirked, knowing the question in health class was anything but innocent. The question came out dirty and she knew it, but she really wanted to see her girlfriend's reaction from across the room. The older girl reacted just as Camila suspected she would, Lauren turned beat red and uncomfortably got up to go to the bathroom. "But whatever." She stopped at a red light and bit down on her lip, glancing over at her girlfriend. "I might have seen you but... you were kind of on the other side of the classroom. I missed hearing your voice."

Lauren gently ran her thumb over Camila's knuckles as the girl drove. She shook her head and laughed softly, "That was a terrible question to ask in class. You knew that everyone would laugh...and you especially knew what it would do to me," She mumbled the last part. Lauren looked out the window as her girlfriend drove them home. She looked over at Camila again and nodded her head slowly. "I know. I don't like talking in class, so you'll have to get used to not hearing my voice in school." She said softly.

The younger girl smiled when she heard Lauren laugh. She looked over at her and smiled. "Well... whatever. I saw you holding back a laugh so don't go there with me, Laur," she teased, continuing to drive home. "I wish you would talk in class. You might teach everyone something."

"I was trying not to laugh at how ridiculous of a question it was. And I was also trying not to get turned on." Lauren mumbled softly as Camila turned onto the street leading to their houses. She shook her head, "I don't need to give people any more of a reason to make fun of me." She said as she watched Camila pull into the driveway.