Monster

Hermione PoV

One horcrux down! If Tom woke up still having no idea that he just destroyed part of himself, they could continue diminishing horcruxes until Voldemort was dead. Gone. No more. She was slightly happy. She knew it was selfish to think like that. What would happen to Tom once Voldemort's gone?

"Do you think I'm a monster?" Hermione was startled when a scratchy voice interrupted her reverie.

She was on her bed and Tom on his. The two other boys were outside, guarding the tent. She could hear them talking, but couldn't decipher exactly what they were saying.

A few moments ago all she could hear was Tom's borderline erratic breaths while he was sleeping. She didn't want to wake him though she was sure he was having some sort of bad dream. Or maybe he was regaining some of his memories back? Or perhaps the misty forms that had attacked him, possessed him somehow?

Hermione hated not knowing the answer to something. There was so much guessing and she absolutely despised that. Nobody had done what they were doing before and therefore there were no clear paths of how things were going to go next.

"Why would you ask that?" She didn't know any other responses to his question.
Was he a monster? In so many ways yes. He was the monster of monsters. Actually they probably invented the word just to find a way to describe him. But Hermione wasn't sure she believed that anymore.

Her response wasn't completely irrational. Why would he ask that? Did he remember anything? Did he find out what he'd done?

He cleared his throat and tilted his head to look in her direction. Hermione couldn't help but notice how disheveled his black hair was and how it stuck to his forehead, making him look more human and more like a normal teenager.

What the bloody hell, Hermione? Really, more human? Yes, more human. She could picture him waking up late for school with his mom shouting at him from downstairs to 'get ready, Tommy. You'll be late!' and him replying '5 more mintues'.

She understood now why Dumbledore said all the girls (and some boys) liked him, but before she had a hard time believing it.
Tom Marvolo Riddle with his slicked back hair and perfectly ironed robes...he seemed more like an evil wizard CEO planning to take over the world just with a phone call.

So yes, Tom Riddle with wrinkled pajamas, disheveled hair and sleepy blue eyes was more human. More likable.

Hermione, get a grip!

She had totally missed Tom's answer "Sorry, what was that?" He chuckled a bit "What are you thinking about?"

"Oh, nothing important really. Sorry, I just zoned out a bit." He shook his head, smiling. Poor boy, he actually thought they were friends. Naturally, he wanted to pour his heart out to her.

"I...Out there, after I destroyed the horcrux" Tom turned his eyes away from her and looked up at the ceiling. Oh no! "What? Did you get some of your memories back?" she asked too quick and alarmed.

Tom looked back at her and frowned.
"Y-yeah. Actually, no. Well, that's it! I don't know. I don't know if what I saw was a memory or just a dream. I don't know what I've done in the last 18 years -if they're even eighteen- and I don't know which side I belong to." He paused, staring at the ground. "You say he killed my parents, but...when I was out there, after I destroyed the locket I..."

Oh God, Hermione thought. That was it. It was done. He knows. He felt it. What should she do? She needed Harry and Ron's help right now!

"I felt like -I know this may sound crazy, but I felt like a part of me got destroyed. Not some evil guy's locket."

Busted.

"Hermione?" Hermione stopped chewing on her nails "Yes?" He trusted her.

"Do you think I'm crazy?"

****

Voldemort PoV

Very soon they'll all be destroyed, my dear Nagini. Every one of them. Starting with the Potter filth and his newly found assistant who has proved to be quite...strong.
We are going to watch them wither in pain and scream for their own miserable deaths. They'll regret the day they decided to stand against me!
Potter is striking and running away.
Potter is playing hide and seek with me, but I am not playing.

I will make him come to me!

"Change in plans, Avery. Gather our best forces, we are going back to school!"

A/N

Lovely readers,

I should buy all of you chocolate, cause any apology wouldn't be enough.
The chapter was short and late...I'm really sorry, guys.
Hopefully, I'll be able to update sooner next time.

Stay with me,
Bye bye.