Chapter Five

COCO

"Coco, bakit ba iwas ka ng iwas sa akin?" Anais' feet pounded the pavement as she tried to catch up. "Hoy, ano ba? Para ka naman tanga. Sandali lang nga, kausapin mo naman ako."

"What do you want?" I stopped and turned to face her.

"I want to talk to you." She answered.

"About what?" I asked in a low growl.

"About us. You've been ignoring me since last week. What is going on here?" She sighed.

"Hindi ba ikaw na din nagsabi na ayaw mo na?"

"Not our friendship! Coco, yun lang ba ang tingin mo sa akin?" Tears began to seer in the corners of her eyes. "Is sex the only reason why you put up with me?"

I just stared back at her tear filled eyes, trying to keep up a stoic expression. But inside, I felt a storm of emotions. I hated seeing her cry and I hated that I was the cause of her tears.

"Say something, you asshole!" She punched my chest. "Yun lang ba ang dahilan, ha? Was it just because I was convenient to you?"

"Anais, stop it..." I caught her by the wrists. I could feel my heart slowly crumble to the ground beneath me. Fuck! She affects me like no other and I didn't like it.

How did she expect me to react? She was letting the guy who I hated most in this world court her and there was a big possibility that they'd be dating in the future! I wouldn't mind it if it was someone else but the guy happened to be Steve Ocampo!

"Damn you! Sumagot ka!" Tears flowed generously down her cheeks. Still holding her, my jaw clenched as I tried not to let any emotion out. "I thought it was more than that! Akala ko special yun sa'yo...sa atin..."

"We fucked, Anais. That's what we did. There's nothing special about it." those cold, vile words escaped my mouth. "Yung ginagawa ko sa'yo, ginagawa ko din sa ibang babae."

That wasn't true at all. I had never had sex with anyone other than Anais. I had dated a bunch of girls. We kissed and touched in sexual ways but I had never allowed myself to go all the way. I wasn't a sentimental person but it was just those girls I'd been with in the past, they could never compare to even half the pleasure I get when it was with Anais.

She pried her hands away from my grip and slapped me across the face. "You asshole."

She turned and started running away, crying. I stopped myself from chasing after her. My eyes lowered to my feet as I felt the weight of my emotions crashing on me all at once. I rapidly blinked against the familiar sting in my eyes. Dammit! I shouldn't be feeling this way! She chose Steve over me. At least that was how I felt. She couldn't just drop me once the boy she likes starts paying attention to her. She had cut the special bond between us. Aminin ko man o hindi, natatakot ako. I was afraid she'd do with other men the things only she and I had been doing together. The mere thought of another man having her was enough to make me sick.

ANAIS

"Hey, ate Anais." Bryce came up to me with a cunning smile, that she-devil. "What are you doing? Are you thinking of your boyfriend?"

I sighed and ignored her. Wala akong ganang makipag-asaran sa bubwit na ito. I had been crying all night and I was just tired. I had no energy left. Hindi ko akalain na ganon lang ang tingin ni Coco sa ginagawa namin.

Oo nga, magkaibigan lang kami at hindi dapat namin ginagawa ang mga ginawa namin noon. But I gave him that part of me because he was special to me. Akala ko special din sa kanya iyon pero katulad nga ng sabi niya, we just fucked. I was a convenient fuck to him. Pag wala siyang girlfriend ako ang go-to niya, pag walang ibang babae pwede na. How could I let this go on for so long?