62

"Air strike incoming! And those things look heavily secured!" Natalia shouted as aircraft came flying in, they bombed the clones' position and as the clones attempted to shoot them down, the blasts bounced off of the shield. Suddenly the fighter they were attacking tipped up and flew away. "We've got to leave before those fighters come back!" Rex yelled. "Rex over here!" One of the clones yelled, "Jesse take the left flank, Dogma take the right flank!" Rex instructed. Natalia walked over to the battle with Krell and turned on a hologram of Obi-Wan, "The capital city is too heavily fortified! We need your battalion to help us!" He yelled, "The enemy fire is greater than anticipated, we're holding our ground for the moment." Natalia told her former master. "We've gathered information on an aircraft hangar on the far west, they're re supplying the capital city's defenses." Obi-Wan explained to Natalia and Krell, "If you can capture that airbase it'll sever the capital's lines and allow our troops to move in!" Obi-Wan yelled, "I'll see to it that airbase is under Republic control!" Krell yelled at Obi-Wan, "Remember, General Krell, our entire invasion depends on your battalion." Obi-Wan said, he disappeared and Krell turned to Rex.

"Captain Rex and General Schulter, get those coordinates mapped and get the troops moving immediately." Krell instructed the two, "Yes sir!" Rex and Natalia yelled in unison. Natalia and Rex mapped the coordinates and the troops set out, "Let's go!" Natalia yelled at the clones, they started heading out and walked out onto a cliff side, "There it is." Natalia said while crossing her arms. "There's a base there alright, and it's heavily guarded. At least three tank divisions and guns." Rex said, "Then we'll advance in the forward gorge and engage the enemy in a full frontal assault." Krell said as he swung one of his fists. "The gorge is narrow, sir. We'll only be able to move in single squads." Natalia said as she knelt down and took a look. "Perhaps a closer recon will tell us if there's a more secure route." Rex suggested. "General Kenobi and the other battalions are holding off the enemy right now while they wait for us to take out this space, we don't have time to look for a more secure route, "Captain, I agree with General Krell, time is a luxury we cannot afford at a time like this." Natalia told him as she walked with Krell, "Yes sir." He said quietly. 

Soon the battalion scaled the cliff side and met up to wait for the AT-RT's to come down. "Alright listen up! We'll put the squads in two divisions, we'll go straight up this gorge to the airbase and there we'll engage the enemy." Rex said, "The casualties are going to be high!" One of the clone troopers said, "Is the General trying to get us killed!" Another clone yelled, "You know, I wasn't sure Krell wasn't crazy before, but now I'm positive!" Jesse yelled, "We had to retreat from the capital because the General gave a flawed strategy, now this?!" Fives yelled, "I don't know but as long as I get to fire it's good!" One of the clones said happily, "I for one agree with the General!" Another clone said enthusiastically. 

"No recon! No air support! We don't know what we're up against!" Jesse yelled as he hit his head with his helmet, "They have weapons we've never even seen before!" Jesse yelled. "A few of General Skywalker's plans seemed reckless too, but they worked!" Rex said sternly, "Yeah, but Skywalker and Schulter are usually leading their men up in the front, not leading from the flank like General Krell, a full forward assault will leave us all exposed!" Fives yelled, this caused the clones to divide and start arguing. "Stop arguing men! Fives, with me and Rex! Now!" Natalia yelled, finally losing her patience, the clones stayed silent as Rex and Natalia lectured Fives.

"It would help if you could ease their minds." Rex said calmly, "Do you mean coax them into another one of Krell's suicide missions? We lost a lot of men last time!" Fives voiced his concerns, "Krell's may command orders differently, but he is effective on getting them done." Rex said, "Stop with these theories that he's trying to get us all killed, Fives, he is a Jedi and you should respect, you wouldn't disrespect me, would you?" Natalia said while crossing her arms, "No, but he may have had his victories, but his casualty numbers are huge. More troopers have been killed under his command than anyone else!" Fives voiced, "That's the price of war, Fives." Rex said with a sigh, "We have a duty to follow orders, and sometimes, lay down our lives for a Republic victory." Rex said as he started walking away, "That's what you were engineered to think." Fives said while grabbing Rex's arm, "I honor my code, that's what I believe." Rex said, he walked away and left Natalia and Fives. 

"I'm beginning to think you're right, Fives."