[14] Reunion

we got to a million reads you guys, i'm so excited.

[gif of niall on the side is basically me right now.]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Avery Holmes

"So, my management wants us to sit tight for right now and just wait 'till some of the bodyguards come." Niall explained to me, a huge grin on his face as he paced. He couldn't even sit still, he was so excited. I giggled and stood up from the red couch, grabbing his hand and pulling him into the kitchen.

"What are we doing?" He asked me.

"Well, if they're catching a quick flight, they'll probably be hungry when they get here. If they're anything like you." I smirked at him and he smiled, shrugging.

"We're not in a hotel for nothing, Ave, we'll just get a dozen muffins or something and bring 'em up here. Plus, I'm a bad cook. Like, a really, really bad cook." He crossed his arms over his chest and I sighed, giving in.

"But we can't tell them that we got them from room service." I said. He nodded in agreement and sat on the big red couch beside me. "Do you think I should wake Aimee? It's like, six 'o clock."

"You put her down for a nap a half an hour ago, Ave. Don't do that." He said. I nodded, flicking on the t.v and scrolling through different channels. "Stop! Stop!" Niall said, grabbing the remote from my hand. I gave him a look as he flipped back to soccer.

"Really?" I laughed.

"It's Derby!" He said, sitting back down beside me. "Have you ever watched a live football game before? These things, you don't wanna miss." He assured me. I sighed and cuddled into him, feeling his arm wrap around my shoulder. I'll admit, having him hold me like this was really comforting.

We watched the 'football' game for fifteen minutes without any interruptions other than Niall cursing or saying something like 'he just missed an open goal!' I never knew that he got so into these games, and it was really quite funny to watch.

"Did you see that?" I said, gaping. "If he would have passed it back to that other guy, he could have shot easily." I shook my head, feeling myself even get a bit angry. I leaned back and then realized that Niall was watching me, with a smile on his face.

I turned to him, the tip of my nose almost brushing his. To my surprise, I didn't blush. I just raised an eyebrow.

"Can I help you?" I joked.

"You're actually getting into the game. That's pretty cute, actually." He said. This time, my blushing kicked in, and I buried my face into his shoulder. He laughed at me, but rubbed my back with the arm that was wrapped around me. This felt so nice, really genuine and right. But if Niall ever even knew about Jake...

I tuned back into the game, and right at that moment the team we were rooting for got a goal. We both cheered and stood up, and I couldn't help but laugh at the both of us. We both sat back down and molded into each other again, and just like before, it felt really nice.

How come things like this never happened with Jake?

We watched in silence for another fifteen minutes, and I couldn't help it. I was getting worried under the surface, because I knew with each and every moment that passed, his friends were getting closer and closer to coming here. And I was downright scared.

"Niall," I sighed, looking into my lap. "What if they don't like me?"

Out of the corner of my eye, I could see him looking at me again.