chapter 26 (part 2)- The kiss was unintended and...amazing

Lara's P. O. V. :

"Why are we leaving, mommy? " Cara asked, almost crying.

"We'll have to go, baby...I have some work to do." I lied.

"What is more important than your wedding? " She asked looking at me with questioning look.

Well that wasn't expected at all.

"Who told you that I'm getting married? " I asked leaning down to reach down to her height.

"Grandma told me that you and daddy are getting married today. Are you really marrying daddy? " she asked innocently. I could see hopes in her eyes.

"No, baby. Of course not. You already know that we were just acting. I am not getting married to your dad...I mean to Mr. Adams. " I explained.

"But why can't you marry him? " she complained.

"Because we don't love each other. If you don't love someone then how can you marry them? " I said, trying to make her understand the situation.

Why can't she understand that I can't marry Mr. Adams?

"That means you can marry me, because you love me." She said bluntly.

What?

"Oh baby, come here." I pulled her into my embrace.

"You're too young to understand the logic of marriage, baby." I kissed the top of her head.

"Now, let's go. We need to go." I said and carried her in my arms.

She snaked her hands around my neck and put her head into the nape of my neck.

I took my luggage in one hand while the other was snaked around Cara's little body. I was about to exit the living room when suddenly the devil decided to grace us with his unwanted presence.

He was standing at the door blocking the way out.

I ignored him and walked to the left but he was too quick and blocked my way with his hand.

I looked up at him irritated.

"What do you want, Mr. Adams? " I asked out of frustration.

"We need to talk." He said sliding his hands inside his pockets .

"I don't want to talk to you. Now if you'd excuse and unblock our way so that we can go? " I asked, rolling my eyes.

"No." He said plainly and before I could process his single word answer that is a simple 'no', he gripped my hand which had suitcase and dragged me along with Cara in my arms inside the living room.

"What the hell, Mr. Adams! What are you doing? " I yelled at him.

Because of my yelling, Cara was now awake and was looking at us with confusion. 

"What happened, mommy? Why are you yelling at daddy? " she asked, confused.

"Nothing, honey. Your mommy is just showing her love to me." Mr. Adams winked at me.

You..!

I rolled my eyes at his comment and he chuckled looking at me.

Creep!

"But mommy said that she doesn't love you. That is why she cannot marry you." Cara said, sadly.

Arghhh...Caraaaaa!