63

Rex, Hardcase, Fives, and Natalia soon started climbing up a hill, Rex looked through his binoculars and looked at the airbase, "Is everyone clear on the plan? Hardcase?" Rex asked, "Yes, sir." Hardcase replied, "Fives?" Rex asked Fives, "Are you clear?" He asked him, "Yeah." Fives replied, "Alright, get in your groups. Let's move." Rex said, "General Schulter you're with me." He said, Natalia nodded. "Move out." Natalia said, the three clones started sliding down the hill toward their groups. Rex and Natalia reached their group and they started heading out. "They look spooked." One of the clones in Natalia's group stated as they watched some animals fly away from them, suddenly the ground started shaking. "What the-" Rex started but was cut off by something protruding from the ground. "Oh that's great." One of the clones said sarcastically, the clones starting blasting it but it was unaffected. "Mayday, mayday! We needed rocket launchers!" Fives yelled through Rex's comlink, "Get those rocket launchers out there, trooper!" Rex yelled at the trooper with the rocket launcher. The clone with the rocket launcher got run over by the caterpillar droid so one of the other clones grabbed it, and the medic took the injured one.

"Come on! Let's go!" Natalia yelled at the clone, they ran over to the other team and Rex did a somersault behind Natalia and started shooting at the caterpillar droid, the clone set up behind a tree with Natalia, she nodded at the clone and the rocket went straight into the middle of the droid, destroying it in a blue fiery explosion, "That was close." The trooper said, "You got a point there, move it trooper!" Rex yelled, Natalia followed behind them closely. "Everyone regroup now! Take cover!" Rex yelled, "Move it! Move it!" Natalia yelled at the clones running in all different directions. They found cover in between trees and regrouped. "We're safe for the moment, but they'll be back in any moment." Fives reported, "Spread detonators along the border and trap them in the bottleneck, we're going to blow that clanker skyhigh." Rex said while he put his hands on his hips, Natalia nodded in agreement.

"Hurry up, we only have a few seconds." Rex said as he threw a detonator, Natalia threw one too, wanting to join in on the bombings. The clones ran back to the mound and started waving their arms as the caterpillar droids came closer, Natalia laughed at them trying to lure the Umbarans toward them. As soon as the droids came across the border Rex pressed the detonator and Natalia watched the beautiful explosion. Rex jumped up and used the force from the explosion to push him forward, he landed hard on the ground and Natalia ran over to help him, "Oh yeah, we got them." Rex said with slight laugh. The troops walked out of their hiding place and looked at the damage they caused, fire and debris were scattered acrossed the forest floor. They came across another caterpillar, but the light kept flashing, "That one still has a bit of juice in it, light him up!" Rex yelled to the trooper with the rocket. The rocket went through the window and it erupted with blue fire and dust. "No juice left in him either." Natalia commented as an Umbaran walked out, Rex walked past and shot him in the head with his blasters.

One of the clones ran up to the flying creatures that were snacking on a clone and started shooting at it, one came toward Natalia but she sliced it with her lightsaber, "Let's keep going, Kix leave it." Natalia said as they continued walking forward. Rex stopped the team and used his binoculars to look at the airbase, but spider droids became visible. "We've got a problem." Rex said as he lowered his binoculars, Natalia looked at the base and saw spider droids, getting ready to fire. "Take cover!" She yelled, suddenly a ball of energy became visible and landed on the ground in front of Rex. The clones started splitting up and taking cover. "Captain! Continue your attack!" Krell yelled through Rex's comlink, "General we've been overpowered! We need reinforcements!" Rex yelled, "The rest of the battalion is at the entrance of the gorge, Captain. They're guarding it so you can get to the airbase!" Krell yelled at Rex. "Sir we can't possibly-" Rex started, but was cut off, "Stand your ground, Captain! Do you read me?! Captain are you listening?! Do not pull back! That is an order!" Krell yelled at Rex. 

Rex grabbed one of the wounded clones the medic was carrying and sat him down on the ground, "Keep the wounded as quiet as possible." Rex ordered, "You heard the General! Let's go!" Rex said, "You can't be serious!" One of the clones protested, "I used to think General Krell was reckless, but now I just think he hates clones!" Hardcase exclaimed, "None of us hates clones." Natalia said calmly, "But the Captain is right, let's move out!" Natalia ordered. "We can't take them head on, we need another plan." Fives said as he stopped Rex, "Well, do you have any ideas?!" Rex demanded, but Fives shook his head, "Then this is it." Rex said as he walked away from Fives. "Okay, let's do it!" Natalia yelled as she ran out with two other clones. The spider droids started firing at them, one hit a metal structure above Rex but Natalia tackled him out of the way. The rocket launchers didn't even work against the spider droids. Natalia saw one of the clones get stepped on and squished, surprisingly he was still alive. "Help me with the wounded!" She shouted to the medic, they dragged the wounded clone to safety and the medic went to get the others, but Rex grabbed his shoulder. "Forget about them." He said, "We can't just forget about them, sir!" The medic yelled, "You will, that's an order." Rex said sternly.

"You sound like General Krell." Kix said, "Look Kix, we have to think about ourselves right now, if we survive we can patch up the wounded later." Natalia told him, Rex looked through his binoculars at the airbase. 

"We're finished."