Chapter 38

I don't care-Fall Out Boy

I don't fall asleep all night, I'm not sure if it's because I already slept all day at Secreuni, or because my mind couldn't forget all of the things that happened today, all the things that were said, though it's probably a mixture of both. I'm sure that Slyder was lying when he said that Brenda isn't my real mom, and I'm sure he was lying when he mentioned Brandon, and how my name isn't my real name. After all he's a non human serial killer, I'd be ridiculous to ever believe him.

Throughout the night I keep thinking I'm hearing something or somebody outside my window, but I force myself to believe it's just the wind. Finally, when it's 4:17am and I still hear a voice saying something outside my window, I decide I can't take it anymore. What I'm about to do is probably the dumbest thing I could ever do, it's probably idiotic, irresponsible, and completely palm-to-forehead-stupid, but I can't take this anymore, I get up and walk over to my shut window. I think I've kind of given up on caring about life for the moment because I'm not even scared as I sling my curtains open. Standing directly in front of me is Brandon holding a humongous stake knife! Haha just kidding, there's nobody there. Well there isn't anybody in front of my window, but I'm sure that I had heard voices, I did. I slide my window open and stick my head out listening closely, it's Jake's voice, I can hear it, and...who is that? I know that voice, I know that I know it. Suddenly I see something, I don't know how I didn't notice it before, but there's a small crack between Jake's curtains that reveal his light on and him talking furiously at somebody. I'm intrigued by Jake's wild hand gestures and angry face, Call me curious, or maybe you should call me an imbecile, but I must find out what he's talking about.

I know that if Jake found me he could easily kill me, but that's the thing, I don't think I care. I've gone through this entire thing letting Jake, or Slyder (whatever) control me, I let him put so much fear in me that I can't even sleep at night, well I'm sick of it, I've never let anybody control me before, why should I start now? Part of the reason I want to know what he's saying is because maybe, just maybe, it'll help me out on figuring out how to destroy him, but the main reason I want to know what he's saying is because I've decided to screw fear, I'm not going to let fear decide my actions anymore. Now I'm not going to be able to give some powerful speech that's going to bring the emotional people to tears like on the movies, because I'm terrible with words, so, sorry to disappoint, but I am going to say this, I have learned that ultimately, I know deeply that the other side of every fear is freedom...okay you got me, I stole that off of the internet.

I slip on a thin jacket and slide my window up as high as it'll go. I sit down on the window sill then take a deep breath before pushing myself off the ledge. I'd like to say that I landed with a super cool roll and then jumped right up and started sneak running, because let's face it, that would've been so much cooler than what actually happened, which is that I attempted to roll right before landing but wasn't able to and ended up landing on my stomach, ate a mouthful of grass, and stained the front of my jacket and pajama pants, yup, that's how cool I am. I quickly stand back up and run to the side of his house where I bend down as I run, (like that's going to do anything). I get to the front door and push my palm against it as I oh so slowly turn the doorknob. Slowly I slide the door open, grateful that it doesn't make any noises. I quietly step inside and shut the door. It's pitch black in here, and I stupidly didn't bring my phone because I was afraid of it ringing while I was sneaking, right, because I always get calls at four thirty in the morning. Annoyed with myself, but feeling I have no other choice, I get down on all fours and quickly crawl forward, I smack my head hard on a table and instinctively grab my sore forehead. I start whispering profanities under my breath as I crawl forward once again, this time feeling with my hands before crawling. Finally I find the stairs and crawl up them slowly. Once I'm at the top, it's easy to find my way around because of the light shining beneath Jake's door. I can clearly hear Jake's voice now as I peep my eyes under the door to see two pairs of shoes.

I don't even have to press my ear against the door to hear what they're saying. Jake is talking loudly but not quite yelling "you did what?" He asks sounding angry. "You heard me. Now she's worried sick about her precious "mommy", don't worry, her and her "mom" will be dead soon and then you can fail again at attempting to save another Eribiss" the other person says (who is that voice? I know it. I know I do, it sounds so familiar) Well they're definitely talking about me. I actually feel my eyes roll at his annoying confidence. "I'm going to kill you! You son of a bi-" Jake's angry voice is interrupted by a mocking laugh "we both know you're too weak and pathetic to kill me" the voice says. How do I know that voice? "Weak? I will protect her! She won't die" Jake shouts and suddenly there's a loud crackling in there as a bright blue light shines brightly underneath the door. It's getting really hot, so I pull off my jacket and put it aside as I listen. A louder crackling comes from the room as a white light shines making a light blue color. The light suddenly touches my arm and stings it badly. I yank away from the door and look down at my arms to see strange markings covering them. "Adelram, I've never heard you care so much about some random Eribiss, are you actually falling for this one?" The familiar voice asks laughing mockingly. Adelram? Who the hell is Adelram? I thought that was Jake. Jake doesn't reply, instead I hear the crackling grow louder, things being flung, glass breaking, all sorts of noise, they must be fighting.

Suddenly a bright red-orange light shoots out from under the door and smashes right into my bare arm. I don't mean to, I try with all of my might not to, but I end up screaming out in pain. The feeling in my arm right now, I can't explain. It's like somebody poured lava onto my arm. My eyes are closed because I have no strength to open them, I'm sure the lava-hot white light has burned through all of my skin, muscles, and bones, leaving my right arm a small stub at the top. Tears are pouring down my cheeks. It hurt so bad, I'd rather be dead then go through this pain, it burns, the pain is an infinite times worse than any pain I've ever endured in my life. I'm sure I'll die soon from the pain. I hear the door open and I force my eyes open to see Jake looking at me with fear and worry clear in his eyes. I see somebody move beside him and glance over to see Brandon smiling down at me, no, it's my imagination, I'm imagining things, I'm hallucinating from the pain. Imaginary Brandon opens the window and jumps right out, but Jake stays by my side. "Princess? Please be okay, Princess" he says picking me up bridal style. I can't find the strength to keep my eyes open. The pain in my arm is multiplying by the second. I'm scared to close my eyes, I'm scared of going back into that state of being awake yet asleep and unable to move or see, but I can't stay awake any longer, I don't have the strength. Finally I close my eyes, and practically instantly I'm taken back into a dark, unknown world.

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

I feel like the way this chapter is written is so different from all of the others, is that just me?

Anyhoodle, lots of things happened in this chapter, Bethany let go of her fears, she snuck into Jake's house, heard "imaginary Brandon" call Jake Adelram, and she heard him say that Jake is falling for Bethany, Bethany got strange markings on her arms from "Imaginary Brandon's" and Jake combined light, she got her arm burned totally off from the white light. So very exciting chapter right? Also very important for later on, so pay attention, thanks for reading!

Please comment, read, vote, and promote.