2 ~ Kicking Butt

Song: Here - Alessia Cara

"Despite extensive efforts, no one has been able to identify who, or rather, what then two females are

"Despite extensive efforts, no one has been able to identify who, or rather, what then two females are." The news reporter says on the television.

"Pretty cool, huh?" Kara says walking to her desk.

"The plane-saving ladies?" Winn says with a scoff.

"How is the world supposed to take them seriously if they can't even come up with a suit? What Metropolis gets him and what does National City get? Some rookie superheroes?" Winn continues.

"I think they're pretty cool." I say nervously. I've never noticed how hard it is to lie to your best friends.

Kara frowned and went to the meeting in Miss Grant's office. What was I doing? I was using my super hearing to listen. Duh.
-
"I know many of you are used to being second best but it's new to me.
The most incredible event in the history of National City and yet we have no exclusive of any kind." Miss Grant says with a huff.

"We don't have much to go on." One random worker says.

"The image we're working off is low res I guess their both around 5'9. It's tough to Gauge with their height measured up against an airplane." He adds.

"Hair color brown.
Or black." Another says with a sigh.

"Or maybe their hair is just dirty.
You know, from soot or the plane exhaust." James says.

"James, you make an excellent point." Miss Grant says.

"Do you think there's any connection between these heros and-" she starts.

"To my friend in blue? I don't know.
I mean, not that he mentioned, but if she's anything like him, she's a hero.
Saving people is what they're born to do." He says.

"They'll be back." He says with a glance at Kara.

"Hmm. They better be. These girls are the answer. It is exactly what I need to save the Tribune. Besides fatty foods, there is nothing people love more than a hero." Miss Grant says pacing across the back of her desk near the TV's.

"We are going to blow them up. We will feature them online and in the paper, but we need images, we need video, we need an interview, and exclusive content. So go. Go get me that girl." She continues.

"And, Kerah Go get me a lettuce wrap." Miss Grant tells Kara.

I chuckle causing Winn to give me a weird look.

"What are you looking at? I saw a funny meme." I say defensively with a shrug.

He goes to speak but I cut him off.

"You know what, I feel a little sick. I'm going to go home early." I say as my voice cracks.

I wave goodbye to Kara, Winn, and James as I walk towards the elevator.

"You alright, Sky?" She asks me. I nod and walk away. As I'm in the elevator I use mt super hearing to listen to Kara talking to Winn.

"Winn, I need to talk to you on the roof." Kara says.

"The roof?" Winn asks nervously.

The walk back to my apartment was slow and boring as usual.

I get home and run to my closet. I dig out my sewing machine along with my fabrics and bring them to the kitchen table.

I've decided to make something for me to wear to test out being a "Superhero".

I speed sew a black superhero style mask, a violet/purple colored long sleeved top with a scoop neck, and a black leather skirt all made with indestructible material.

This costume won't burn, break, or rip. Even the bullets that bounce off of me won't damage it. I made my mask to have voice commands. Once I say 'Remove Mask' it will be able to come off. It only works for my voice.

Once I'm all dressed up I look into the mirror and smirk. I look hot!

I grab my laptop and try to use some of the skills I picked up over the years to hack into the NCPD. I immediately jump out the window once I find something to do.

An armed bank robbery.

Another thing, my eye color changes to blue when I use my powers. I never knew why though. I think it's because of one of the extra powers i have that Kara and Superman do not have, Ice powers.

I can freeze anything with my bare hands. I use this as an advantage to stop the robbers.

They shoot their bullets at me but they bounce right off. I freeze their guns, blow them away with the air from my freeze breath, then punch them all out.

I forgot how good this feels!

Once the police come and handcuff them, I fly back to my apartment to find something else to do.

Four-alarm fire at Gates and Igle.

On my way there I catch a glimpse of what I think is Kara before she falls to the ground.

I was too distracted to notice that they shot me also. I started to fall to the ground.

-

I wake up to see myself in a room alone on a hard hospital-like bed. I try to break out of the handcuffs but it doesn't work.

That's when I notice that its made with Kryptonite. I sigh as a woman comes into the room.

I look up to see Alex. What is going on here?

"What the hell do you want from me?" I groan. I pretend to not know who she is.

"I'm Agent Danvers. Who are you?" She asks politely but harsh at the same time.

"Thats not your business. Look, I'm not here to harm anyone. I just want to help the city." I say pleading her to believe me.

"Tell me who you are." She asks says again.

"You know what. Fine. But you can't tell anybody. Is that door locked?" I ask. She nods.

"Remove Mask" I say to unlock it.

"Skylar?" She says taking a step back out of surprise.

"How?" She asks.

"Its a long story." I say.

"Could you unlock me?" I ask. She hesitantly unlocks the handcuffs. I put my mask back on just in case anyone were to walk in.

"Alex, please don't tell Kara. I want to tell her myself eventually." I say. She sighs.

"Fine. But you have to tell me about you." She says.

"Deal." I say with a small fake smile.

                                      |||

'
'
'
'
Thanks for reading! Please make sure to vote and comment if you want more! If you have any ideas on what you want next, comment them below. I think I will do 1 more chapter for episode 1. I might do 2 but I'm not 100% sure.
P.S. sorry for this short chapter

See you in a flash,
~ Emily