7

****First quidditch match of the season, the day after a full moon****

"I have to go, Moon Moon," I sighed as I dragged myself off of his bed in the hospital wing. "The game starts soon and I promised James that I wouldn't arrive at the last minute."

"Good luck, Laura. Sorry I can't come watch," Remus said, fixing his pillow and eating another piece of chocolate.

"Don't be," I replied, bending down to kiss his forehead. "I'll be back as soon as the game is over and we'll celebrate Gryffindor's win.

"Promise you'll be careful?" He asked as I opened the doors leading out of the hospital wing.

"Promise," I replied.

As I made my way down to the quidditch pitch, I thought about Remus's transformations. They've gotten worse over the years. Thankfully, by the time January comes around, he won't have to go through them by himself anymore. After countless hours of research, James, Sirius, Peter and I had finally figured put how to become an animagus. We had all agreed to start the last step (keeping a mandrake leaf in our mouths for one month) on November 5th. It was two days after Sirius's birthday and wouldn't intervene with any other major holidays.

Entering the Gryffindor quidditch changing rooms, I noticed that I was the last one to arrive. James, captain of the quidditch team this year, was already half way through his rant. Squeezing into the open seat next to Sirius, I pretended to listen to my brother's rant. Although Sirius wasn't on the quidditch team (he commentated), he was always allowed in the changing rooms. James believes he's our good luck charm.

"You're cutting it close, Princess," Sirius whispered to me as I pulled my quidditch jersey on.

"I know, Prince. I was visiting Remus in the hospital wing." I whispered back.

Before anything else could be said, James finished his pep talk and we were heading out towards the pitch.

As Sirius and I walked out, James said, "Hold up, Sirius. I want to talk to you really quick."

Rolling my eyes, I bid Sirius a goodbye as he wished me good luck and followed the rest of my team with my broom in my hand.

****James's POV****

Once Laura was out of earshot and Sirius was facing me, I confronted him.

"What's going on with you and my sister?" I asked before Sirius could say anything.

"What do you mean?" He asked me, cracking the knuckles on his left hand (a nervous habit he had when confronted about something he was hiding).

"Don't play dumb with me. You've been acting different around her lately and Peter, as oblivious as he is, has noticed it as well." I snapped.

I love Sirius, I really do. But when it comes right down to it, my sister comes first.

"Listen, James. There's nothing going on between your sister and I," Sirius protested.

He mumbled something under his breath. But before I could figure out what he said, I heard Madam Hooch's whistle signaling that the match was about to start. Rushing out the door, I joined the other quidditch players while Sirius went to his commentator spot.

****Laura's POV****

"I want a clean match," Madam Hooch told us as James shook hands with the Slytherin quidditch captain.

We mounted our brooms as she blew her whistle. Kicking off, the match began. I flew high above the game as I searched for the golden glint that was the snitch.

"And the match between the Gryffindor lions and Slytherin snakes has begun," Sirius roared.

Down below me, James expertly scored the first goal.

"Potter skillfully scores the first goal, making the score 10-0. Looks like you owe me five galleons, Peter," Sirius commented.

"Black, stay focused on the match," McGonagall warned.

Smiling to myself, I continued to scan the pitch, momentarily blocking out Sirius's voice. Next to me, Regulus (who was somehow Seeker for the Slytherin team) flew dangerously close.

"Slytherin seeker Black seems to be relying on his usual plan of following Potter's movements closely. Knock him off of his broom, Potter!" Sirius cheered below.

"BLACK!" McGonagall shouted.

"Sorry, Professor."

"And Jason Wood blocks Jackson Goyle's pathetic attempt at a shot." He continued

"What part of 'not being biased' did you not understand, Black?"

"All of it, Minnie."

"Pathetic," Regulus muttered. Then to me, he said, "If the rumor that you two are dating is true, then I feel sorry for you, Potter. A hot girl like you can do better than that."

Rumors?

Turning to Regulus, I plastered a fake smile on my face (which seemed to catch him by surprise). In a falsely sweet voice, I said, "Excuse me for one moment while I count the fucks I give about this conversation." Looking around wildly, I continued, "One....Two....Thr- Oh shit, they went away."

Looking back at Regulus, who's smirk had disappeared, I saw the snitch literally right above his head. Diving forward, I almost caught it before it flitted away.

Searching frantically, I saw it close to the ground. Diving towards it, I risked a backwards glance and saw Regulus sitting there dumbfounded before he pulled himself together and followed me. Gaining so much speed I was likely to crash if I didn't pull out of my dive, I stretched out my arm. Catching up quickly, Regulus stretched his arm out.

We were literally finger tip to finger tip. But, at the last second, Regulus got cold feet and pulled out of the dive. Grabbing the snitch, I pulled out of the dive. I was so close to the ground, my shoes literally dragged across the ground. Landing lightly, I raised my arm in the air victoriously.

"LAURA POTTER HAS CAUGHT THE SNITCH!" Sirius bellowed. "GRYFFINDOR WINS, 160-0!"

Over half of the stadium began cheering instantly.

As the rest of the team landed, I was instantly surrounded. James, grinning broadly, picked me up and spun me around. Everyone was celebrating. Once Sirius had reached us, I was being paraded around and up to the castle on his and James's shoulders. Marching through the castle doors, I caught sight of Remus, who must have been released from the hospital wing earlier than we thought.

"WE WON!" I shouted excitedly, still on top of Sirius and James's shoulders. "PARTY IN THE COMMON ROOM!"

****

It was three in the morning and the party was just beginning to die down (if the party was this huge for one victory, imagine how large it will be when we win the Cup). People had slowly began to drift off to their dorms. Somehow, I had been able to convince Remus to stay up later than what he planned on. He didn't leave until one. Peter had disappeared with some fourth year at midnight. James, after getting rejected by Lily again, had went up yo his form a few minutes after Remus did. Living up to our reputations as the life of the party, Sirius and I were dancing together to one final song.

As it came to an end, I realized that we were the only people still up. We flopped onto the couch in unison, exhausted.