Chapter 31: More Like The Hoodie Nerd*

Max's POV:

"I thought my family was perfect too. My dad died about six years ago. He died in a car accident by a drunk driver. After that, we were poor because m dad lost his business and my mom couldn't earn enough money for all of us. Alex's parents were kind enough to help us out. They let us stay with them for a while until my mom had a stable job and we had enough money to buy the house next to them. When I went to LA for college, I went on a scholarship and I worked hard to earn more money for my mom," I said, "I know what you are going through." I whispered that last part. Ace turned to me and smashed his lips against mine. I was surprised by what he did, but soon I wrapped my arms around his neck and he wrapped his arms around my waist. Saying that electricity exploded through our bodies wasn't good enough, fireworks were. I know that it's cheesy, but I felt it. The world stopped spinning and we were frozen in time. There was nothing in the world but us and I didn't want to change it. Ace pulled away and leaned his forehead against mine.

"I am sorry," he said pulling away from me and stood up, "I wasn't thinking."

"It's okay Ace," I whispered.

"I like you so much Max and I can't process how much I do. I have never felt this way and I am scared that I will mess things up between us," Ace rambled on and on. I stood up and kissed him again. He was stunned by what I did and I pulled away.

"I like you too Ace," I whispered only for him to hear. Joy overtook his solemn expression and he hugged me tightly.

"Will you be my girlfriend Max?" Ace asked with so much excitement and happiness in his eyes, "I know these circumstances aren't perfect, but what do you say?"

"I would love to," I beamed and he intertwined our fingers together and I sat down with my head against his shoulder. He had his arm around me and we just sat there staring off into the distance.

"How was your high school experience?" Ace asked out of the blue.

"Not so well," I said laughing, "How about you? Yours was probably better."

"Eh, don't know about that. I was considered the bad boy of the school. I could make anyone run with one glare, but I didn't really know why they were so afraid of me. Sure, I wore leather jackets and rode a motorcycle, but that was all," Ace said chuckling.

"I was the nerd of the school, more like the hoodie nerd," I said simply.

"Why hoodie nerd?" Ace asked smiling.

"Well I did wear hoodies everyday, a hoodie and jeans," I explained, "And I wore glasses and always had my hair up. Didn't I tell you already?" I took out my phone and opened a picture of me back when I was in high school. I showed it to Ace and his gaze softened.

"I don't know what you are talking about Max. You look exactly the same, it's just now you don't wear glasses," Ace said and I smiled and leaned into him.

"Yeah, I usually just need my glasses when I am doing homework, so I don't really need them anymore. But seriously, some people couldn't even recognize me," I chuckled.

"Well they were missing on a pretty awesome girl," Ace said and I blushed.

Soon my phone rang and I picked it up. Way to ruin a perfect moment.

"Hello?" I asked.

"M-max, you need to come h-home," Alex quavered.

"What's wrong?" I asked with a sudden fear in my voice and Ace suddenly was alerted.

"Macy was kidnapped and I think it was by the Viper Gang. Don't tell anyone about it. I told your mom that I took her out for ice cream. Hurry!" Alex babbled.