1 : New Faces

The plane ride is a long one. About 10 hours or more. I can't count it properly because I've slept through most of it. My day started out with my last photo shoot in the U.S. Afterwards I was given a yellow dress that I had to wear for school. I don't know what you see as fashionable, but to me the dress looked horrible. I didn't want to be stuck wearing a dress that was that poofy.

Through the plane ride, the time I was awake, I decided to make a few adjustments to my dress. Not only am I a model, I also helped a lot with the wardrobe. I cut off the poofy sleeves and made some more adjustments just as we were about to land. As pleased as I could be with the dress, I put it on and was ready to start the day in a new country.

When I was in my home country my father had me take Japanese courses for a couple years about some of their customs, but mainly their language. It's now my second language so I'm hoping it'll be easier for me to fit in and not look like some freak exchange student.

A little about me, I started taking a bunch of extra curricular activities to keep me busy. I'm a brown belt, almost black, in karate. I love to dance, play any instrument and love sports. I can also paint beautiful portraits, or so I've been told. When I'm not doing all of this I tend to pick up a book and get lost in it.

I step out of my car and make my way to the school. On my way someone runs into me from behind. I turn around expecting to find someone but no ones there. It's not until I hear a groan from the ground I realize that the person who ran into me fell. I look down finding a girl about 5'1 with short brown hair and brown eyes in a boys outfit.

"Are you okay?" I ask softly

She looks up at my towering figure then proceeds to stand up while answering "Oh, yeah I'm fine. Sorry for running into you"

"Oh it's fine. Um, would you be able to... help me find the main office?" I don't like talking to people. This is the most I've said to one person.

"Oh, a new student. Sure follow me" she says with a smile on her face. "By the way my name's Haruhi Fujioka. I'm a first year student and I like your dress"

I smile at her friendliness. "Thanks, I'm Dawn, a second year"

We walk in silence until we get to the office, which was only about a minute, but in that minute I had enough time to notice the decorative style of this school. It was pink. Not exactly my favourite colour.

"Thanks Haruhi" I bow and head into the room.

I'm given a list of my classes and am told I will have a guide for my first week in the school. As I'm waiting on a bench outside of the office for my guide, two boys appear in front of me. They have friendly faces. Well one of them does anyway.

"Hi my names Tamaki Suou" he says with a big smile on his face.

Tamaki has purple eyes and blonde hair. He's about 6'0 and looks to be 17 years old. The one beside him has black hair and dark brown eyes covered by a pair of glasses. He looks the same age but is a bit shorter than the blonde.

Tamaki nudges the guy beside him and looks at him as if to say 'introduce yourself'.

"My name is Kyoya Ootori" he says vaguely

Tamaki looks unsure of his response and continues to talk.

"Uh, anyway, what's your name? I don't think I've seen such a beautiful princess around before"

"Dawn" I say with a shy smile

Tamaki's eyes widen a bit, as if he was in shock, then he goes back to his charming smile. He was about to say something else when the girl I met earlier pushes the guys out of the way.

"I hope these two, mainly Tamaki, weren't bothering you. Well I'll be your guide for the week" Hahurhi explains

"That's great" I say as I stand "But..." I get cut off by the blonde.

"Haruhi, you'll have to let miss Dawn visit the host club after school! It would be wonderful to have a new guest" he says way to enthusiastically.

"Tamaki, I'm not gonna bring her to the host club"

"Umm, how about you just show me to my class Haruhi. It was nice meeting you Tamaki and Kyoya" I say as I drag Haruhi away.

My first day of school is gonna be long and weird.