Appraisal

"Dad-"

"Not right now, Destiny. Can't you see I'm busy?" Jack sighed and shot his youngest daughter a glance before focusing back on the paperwork that he did not want to be doing at the moment. He'd rather throw himself off of the tallest building in Concordia, or be torn apart piece by piece by a pack of Torks, or...

"Actually," Jack tossed his pen onto his desk and stood, smiling down at his daughter who was undeniably the spitting image of himself. "Screw the paperwork. What do you need, Darling?" He moved around to the front of his desk and rested his hands just above his hips.

"I, um...here." Destiny pulled her sketchbook out of her satchel and  opened it up to her most recent work, then handed it over. On the page was the blueprint of a robot, more specifically one built for battle. "Everything is the way you wanted...well, except for the little designs, I kinda got bored."

Jack's multicoloured eyes scanned over the page, lighting up when he realized that it did indeed include everything he had asked for. "This...it's-"

"Terrible?" Destiny gulped, her hands wringing together behind her. Did she do bad? Was it not what he was expecting? "I can try again-"

"No no no," Jack's gaze flickered to his daughter, then back to the sketch and he grinned. "This is spectacular!" He carefully tore the page from the pad so he could keep it, "And the little designs are pretty cute." He added with a chuckle, handing the pad back to Destiny. She had actually done better than he expected. He was used to her drawing people and scenery and...things that bored him, honestly.

Destiny's eyes widened, clutching her sketch pad to her chest. "I..." That wasn't the reaction she had been expecting. Her father was a picky man, always wanted things exactly how he imagined them, and when things didn't go his way...well, that didn't happen often. Things always went his way...because bad things happened when it didn't. He wasn't very forgiving, to put it that way.

"I'm glad you like it!" Destiny smiled brightly and tucked her pad back into her satchel, "I've never drawn blueprints for a robot before, so I wasn't sure how it would come out, and your specifications were very...specific." She rambled, gaze shifting this way and that.

Jack merely listened to his daughter ramble, watching as she looked everywhere but him and played with her ECHOnet watch nervously. He was unable to stop his lips from forming a small smile at the sight of her innocence...an innocence that he had shamelessly used to his advantage once or twice whilst dealing with certain people.