17 | wolf

HIS UNDER EYE circles were deep. He had looked like a wolf to many people now. But this lone wolf was no other then Draco Malfoy.

A week.

A week since they had been to the Van Daskni's -- well together. Everyone except Draco and Simone had gone to the Van Daskni's to check on Astoria. The results they had received when they reached the mansion were the same, something they wished to share with Draco but knew he was in his own world. It was only Liam who had bothered to check on Astoria--stress and school taking on everyone else.

Simone was distant most of the time--feeling out of place but they knew her intentions on Astoria.

Draco hadn't talked to anyone in the last week, holed up in a house he had broken into. He spent days upon days planning to capture Astoria without any footprint but every time, there was something in the way.

His parents--he was pretty sure they knew where he was but did not have time to get their son. Instead, they were looking for Harry bloody Potter and following more orders for Voldemort.

The thought of Voldemort sparked memory in Draco. He had never told Astoria about him--never told her that he was working for him.

He rubbed his pale cold hands against his face, his knee popping up and down. He had raided an empty winter home someone had bought near Hogwarts. He was not even sure if the home was a muggle home or not, but he had already put a charm around the home so no muggle can see nor go in the home.

The house was quite small, one bedroom, a small kitchen and dining room. The living room was quite bigger then the other rooms and one bathroom. It was quite homey yet elegant. The walls were white and the floor was a creamy white.

There were photos of a husband, wife and dog in the bedroom but the furniture all looked new. There were some paintings there--as if someone were just about to move in.

Draco was done looking at the sink--tired of looking down for the past few days. He had gotten annoyed with the people who visited him, occasional knocks from David and Simone. But Cassandra and Liam always checked up with him.

It was a routine for him. Everyday, he heard four knocks before and after class at Hogwarts. Cassandra had always knocked four times--something he observed and Liam always looked through the glass of the wooden and glass door.

Then, every other day at random hours, he would hear David and Simone. Instead of knocking, they yelled quite loudly.

"Draco!" Draco turned his head away from the bulletin board. He had spent the past few days collecting information about Richard and Astoria--more importantly their families.

"Draco, we just want to know if you're safe, mate," David hollered.

After five more minutes of name calling, they'd leave and Draco would get back to work.

He left the bathroom, his neck hurting and went to the living room. He wanted to observe the bulletin board again, wanting to spot more information.

He had been out an about, blackmailing anyone who was related or knew about the Greengrass or Van Daskni's. Barely anything came up--or barely anything notable came up. The Greengrasses were all pure blooded as well as the Van Daskni's.

They all had similar information--Slytherins, a few kick outs from Hogwarts.

He bulleted a picture of Astoria in the middle of the board, her smile catching his eyes again. He stared at the picture longingly, a sudden burn in his chest heating up.

Something formed in his throat, his eyesight disappearing. He wiped away the fallen tears and sighed. The pain in his heart did not leave for the entire night.

~

"He'll kill us if he knows what we are doing!"

"Shut it, won't you," Liam yell-whispered below, his leg scrapping against the tree.

"Darling, please come down!"

"Cassandra, trust me," he replied back.

Below him, Cassandra closed her arms around herself tighter, her gold and black scarf occasionally hitting her face.

"Okay here," in front of her, a rope appeared from above. She looked up at Liam who was grinning.

"Liam Winchester-"

"No, don't."

She smiled, pulling herself up on the rope, getting higher to the tree. Once she was on the oak tree, she looked from where Liam was.

"We would get in so much trouble if the headmaster knew what we were doing."

"Snape?" Liam looked repulsed. "Like he'd care." 

They focused their eyes back on the house.

"So what did you want to show me?" His impatient girlfriend asked, the wind pushing harder.

"I've gone here quite a few times--"

"FEW TIMES?! Liam, you told once!"

"I know, Cassandra, I know. But I couldn't help myself," he answered honestly, "I'm telling you, something is wrong with Astoria!"

Cassandra looked back at the Van Daskni house. The distance from the tree to the home was not too far but not too close. The fancy driveway was aligned with tress, some going outside of the estate. Liam knew the house was protected so he chose a tree that was outside of the gated house that was still looking at the house, though.

"I know something's wrong with her. She doesn't remember us."

Liam groaned, frustrated. "No! Something more then that," Cassandra furrowed her eyebrows, "I think it's weak."

Cassandra rolled her eyes. "It can't be! It's one of the hardest spells a wizard can do, and Richard probably had more experience with it. He is older then us."

"I know! So what about his wand? I had to sift through many wandmakers near here and bribe a few people," Cassandra opened her mouth to protest but David put a finger on it, "I found out that Richard has a wand containing Phoneix feather!"

Cassandra beamed. "Liam you're a genius!" She engulfed him into her arms--forgetting about how cold it was outside and surrounded by his warmth.

For truly, Liam was a genius. In which he knew a Phoneix feather can act against its own wizard or witch. As he also knew that a Phoneix feather often revolts around dark art. And he knew that dark magic would not be as strong on other people.

And in which he knew, the wand was dying and the spell on Astoria was dying with it.

~

wwwwwHHHHATTTT....

So I'm not dead--I've been busy in school and a HUGE writers block. I've been preparing for High school and it's been stressing me out and my other extracurriculars.

But I'm just happy to be back and get a chapter up!

PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE--IT HIGHLY MOTIVATES ME TO WRITE SO PLEASE PLEAAE PLEASE DO THAT.

Alright! See you later!

Love,

ALM