What you've become

--------------------------------

Izaya's pov:

We reached home sooner than I expected. The bartender set me down on a soft fluffy surface which I recognized to be the bed. He gently untied my hands and finally took the blindfold off. The moment my eyes landed on shizu-chan. My whole body froze. He was covered-no, DRENCHED in blood!! His bleached bangs covered his eyes. I couldn't see the expression he was making right now yet he looked...cold....so cold...it scared me.

"Izaya..." he spoke in the same monotone. "Y-yes?" I gulped. He pushed me down to the bed and lifted my shirt revealing a deep cut in the center of my flat stomach. The bartender opened the side table drawer and pulled out a couple of bandages, some antibiotics, cotton and a bottle of iodine. He poured some iodine onto the piece of cotton then leaned in and gently kissed my forehand. "This might sting a little, but I'll try to be quick." He spoke in a whisper. As soon as the cotton covered in iodine came in contact with my skin, a rather loud yelp escaped my mouth. The Protozoan immediately took his hand back in worry. I could feel fresh hot tears stream down my face.

The bartender slowly placed the cotton back onto my skin and quickly started to clean the wound. Honestly speaking, it hurt like a bitch. But I knew I had to bear with it for at least a while. After about what felt like an eternity to me, shizu-chan gently pulled my shirt over my bandaged stomach. The bartender gently wiped my tears away and pulled me in for a long loving embrace. He buried his face into the crook of my neck. He was so warm. I missed his warmth. I couldn't help but notice how his grip around me kept tightening and tightening until a silent sniffle caught my attention.

Just then another soft sniffle was heard. I immediately pulled away from shizu-chan in shock...he was....he was crying. Tears were constantly streaming down his pale face and dripping onto his bloody clothes. "No no no no shizu-chan! Don't cry! " I gently started to wipe his tears away. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry...!" He kept on repeating. "Why!? Why is it that I'm not able to protect you no matter what I do!?" He shouted. I...I had never seen him this way before. He looked so...so Broken! "Sh-shizu-chan calm do-" " I killed them...I killed them all!! Yet that son of a bitch doctor still managed to escape!!!" The bartender shouted once more.

My heart stopped beating for a minute. He...killed them? Normally a small matter like murder would never surprise me but...shizu-chan and murder!? How!? My thoughts were interpreted as the protozoan gently placed a hand on my cheek. His honey colored eyes staring directly into my crimson ones. "Izaya. Even if the whole wide world turns against us, I promise that I'll never leave your side." He smiled and planted a gentle kiss onto the back of my hand. This is bad. This really bad. This is terrible. Shizu-chan. What have I done to you!? I helplessly held the taller male close to my chest, not being able to communicate through words anymore. I'm afraid. Not for my own sake, but for his today. I'm so, so sorry for dragging you into this mess I call my life. But there's no going back now...! I thought ever so helplessly.

---------------------------------