Chapter 9

Liz POV
"Such pretty leaves."
I said as I admired the tress while on the way to the pizzeria.
"Oh come on Liz! Don't tell Grandma! I promise I won't do it again!"
Still pretending that Sean wasn't there, I stopped abruptly and looked up at a random nest in a random tree.
"Such a pretty nest too"

"Oh come on! I promise! I really won't be late again!"

"Are you sure you can control yourself from
sucking off a poor girl's face? Never mind the fact that it made you lose track of time, its also incredibly painful to watch."

"Yes! Don't tell Grandma Summers about this! Please?"

I faced him, a smile making its way on my lips.
"Ok... but how are you gonna make it up to me?", my eyes shining with delight.
He sighed as he messaged his temples, stressed out.
"Name it."
"Ok so basically I have to celebrate Quinn's birthday tonight but..." I said, emphasising on the 'but', "I kinda promised Grandma that I would help with the mopping after closing hours ... so..."
"You want me to mop the entire Pizzeria... myself?"
"Please?" I batted my eyelash, raising my voice a pitch higher to sweeten my tone." It would only take an hour..."
"The entire pizzeria? Can I suggest something? Why don't I help you. Like we do it together, teamwork, you know?"
I clicked my tongue in annoyance as I considered his negotiation. It wouldn't be nice to make him do everything and I guess I might get the job done faster in a way.
"Fine fine. Its a deal! Your fate is sealed!" I said as I gave in to his request, glad that I would be able to make it for Quinn's mini celebration.
I skipped towards the direction of the pizzeria, with Sean behind me, letting out a sigh of relief.

It's amazing how time flies when you're sleeping. It's like one moment it's 2pm and the next, it's already 6.10 according to the clock on the wall, which means Sean's shift has already ended.
"Wake up! You have to mop up now dear!"
I heard my grandma shout in my ear, shocking me awake.
"Geez! Lady! My eardrums!"
I said as I dramatically rubbed my ears in pain.
"I'm heading upstairs. My feet is killing me. Make sure you keep your promise!" She said before making her way upstairs.
Our pizzeria was like a shophouse. Pizzeria on the bottom level, home on the second. Convenient isn't it?

I rubbed my eyes lazily as I saw Sean exit the kitchen, an apron covered in flour still tied around his waist. He untied the apron and placing it on a table before grabbing
a mop in each hand and a bucket filled with soapy water was at his feet.

Well, no matter how much of a playboy he was, he was at least a man of his word.

I made my way towards him, ready to start the mopping and cleaning up.
"Great! Lets do this as quickly as possible."
I grabbed the mop from him.
I separated the pizzeria into two parts with my hands, telling him to mop one half while I mopped the other.

We placed the bucket into the middle so that it was easily assessable to both of us.
We mopped the floor in silence besides my occasional yawns. I was pretty worn out despite the long nap.
He glanced at my tired state, merely chuckling at how exhausted I am.

Jerk.
I groggily walked towards the bucket and raised the mop, ready to drown it into the already murky water. Just then, Sean Handerson also pushed his mop into the bucket, causing our mops to collide and get stuck in the tiny yellow bucket.

"pull it out"
He ordered.

"That's what she said! And I can't! The mops are stuck in this bloody tiny bucket!" I replied.

"You Idiot! Did you really have to shove your mop in the same time I did?" Sean started firing his blind accusations.

I scoffed at how dumb he sounded.
"For your info, You shoved it in the same time I did. And you chose this tiny bucket in the first place!" I retorted.

I stepped on the edge of the bucket and tried to yank our mops out of it. With a tug, the mops managed to be freed, but thats when my foot slipped off the edge of the bucket and stepped into the murky water. At the same time, my foot, still stuck in the bucket, slipped backwards due to the slippery mopped floor.

I found myself falling backwards. Before my ass could collide with the concrete floor, I felt a pair of muscular arms wrap around my waist, catching me and saving me from the fall.

Within a split second, my eyes met Sean's ocean blue ones. I could definitely feel his hands on my back, preventing me from falling and he could definitely feel both my hands on both his shoulders, grasping the fabric of his shirt tightly in my palm and both of us could definitely could see that our faces were only inches apart.

Not sure if it was the shock of how it all happened so fast or how fast my heart started beating, but I felt as if I was in his arms for quite a long time, both of us frozen.

I heard a sharp intake of breath from him and that immediately snapped me out of my state.
It was in that moment did I feel Sean release his hands, causing me to land on the floor on my butt.

I growled in annoyance as I tried to stand up, rubbing my behind, soothing the pain. The asshole didn't even offer me a hand.

" Great. Now you made a mess." He face-palmed at the sight of me with a wet sneaker
with the bucket of dirty water laying in a pool near us.

"You want to know how a fist up your butt feels?" I snapped.

"Thats a nasty place to put your hands in though" he feigned innocence, smiling at me.

Arghh... this guy...