six

"And you must be... Granger," Lucius looked over at the child standing beside Draco, giving her a sneer.

"Draco has told me all about you..."

Draco's heart began to race as if he doubts his father would say anything that could offend Hermione. Or at least not that he could care about her.

"...and your parents"

Before their 2nd year had started, Draco was insisted to tell his father stories about Hogwarts and how the famous Harry Potter declined to befriend him. It became hard for Draco to get knowledge or information about the said boy, knowing that Harry and his friends despise Malfoys.

"It was hard to get information off of Potter, father--"

"Didn't he make friends in Hogwarts while you were there? Why don't you ask his friends instead?"

"Should I ask the weasley?"

"No, no. They know too much and that boy could get suspicious."

"Oh, okay.." Draco stopped to think. And then he had an idea.

"Hermione" he muttered. Just by saying her name made him feel butterflies in his stomach. As if fireworks were exploding inside of him.

The first time he saw her he gained interest. But it wasn't long until he knew that she was friends with a weasley. And his father despises the weasleys; Draco couldn't possibly disobey his father. In fact, he wanted to impress him. He promised he'd be next in line to his father.

"Hermione?" Lucius asked. "Pleasant name.." he continued.

"I know." Draco says, as he tried holding in his smile.

"What family did she come from?"

"Family?" Draco hadn't thought about it. In fact, the only thing he knows about Hermione is that she is a muggle born. But she could not possibly tell that to his father otherwise he might take him away from Hermione even more.

"Uhh..."

"Just the last name, Draco."

"G-granger."

"Granger? I haven't heard of a wizard with such name."

"That's because um.. she came from a different country... But they sure are pure-blooded wizards"

"Is that so? Well I might re consider meeting new people especially for you and your future--"

"Draco, you have guests.." Narcissa interrupts with a knock on the door.

Two boys entered the door, with loads of candies and treats on their hands.

"Crabbe! Goyle!"

"Hello, Mr. Malfoy you don't mind if we stay for a bit?" Goyle asked as he dumps candies in his mouth.

"No worries. I was just asking Draco here who Hermione Granger is--"

"Granger? The muggle born?!" Crabbe exclaimed.

Lucius looked over at Draco as he found his son wincing and gulping by his surprise. "Draco, you told me she was a pure blood? From a different country?"

"I don't think Draco would say such words, Mr. Malfoy. You see, Granger's parents are muggles but Hermione on the other hand is a witch--"

"Goyle!" Draco cocked his eyebrows at him.

"Draco, you must tell me the truth." Lucius gave Draco an upset look, rather dissapointed at his own son for lying about a muggle-born.

"The next time you see her, I don't want you coming anywhere close to that mudblood, do you understand?" Lucius whispered onto Draco's ear, patting his back.