Draco is late and Hermione has a date.

Hermione and Draco had to meet up once again as Pansy Parkinson and Ethan Ward. Hermione promised herself that there would be no sparks or romantic stares today. She put on a pink top with an asymmetrical cut and a pink metallic mini skirt. Just when she felt like an ad campaign for valentines day she saw Draco enter her apartment in a dark red suit and his classic smirk. 

"Can't help but match with me, Granger?!" Draco smirked again eyeing Hermione head to toe. 

-----

Draco smirked waiting for Hermione to respond and in the meanwhile, he looked her head to toe. He looked at her beautiful legs and her chestnut hair. He couldn't help but smile at her beauty, but then quickly reminded himself of his "NEW GIRLFRIEND" Anastasia. 

Hermione simply sighed, rolled her eyes at him and said "can we go already I have to be somewhere else after this" 

Draco raised his eyebrows and walked up to Hermione. She tried to step out of his way but he put his arm around her waist and pulled her back to him. 

He put his other arm around her waist, brought her close to him, and whispered "I wonder what plans the brightest witch of our age could possibly have? Possibly some light reading or sleeping with Hogwarts: A history? " 

She pulled herself away from him and said "not that it is any of your business, but... I actually have a date after this and if we are late he will come into the caterers and kiss me and that will let them know that we aren't Pansy and Ethan. Now I don't know about you, but I don't want to ruin Pansy's wedding because YOU were tardy". 

Draco was going to open his mouth with a snarky remark but he quickly process Hermione's words and all that came out was " You have a date?!"

Hermione smirked and felt giddy at Draco's shock and jealousy and she said "Try not to sound so shocked Draco... I had to move on from Ron sometime...." 

Draco walked up to Hermione again and put his lips on her ear when he said " Granger, I will never be surprised at you having a date. I'm only surprised that there is only one guy in line and not every sane guy who has ever met you." 

Hermione promised herself that there would be no sparks but she had to ask him " Are you sane?" 

Draco turned around with his eyebrows raised in confusion and asked " What?" 

Hermione took a deep breath in and asked again " Are you sane? Because if you are, then you must be in line. And if you aren't in line, then you aren't sane......?" Her voice trailed off as she said the question realizing how crazy she sounded.

Draco smiled at Hermione with admiration for her courage and wit. His lips parted and he said "Doesn't matter if I'm in line Granger, you have Neal. I assume he is your boyfriend since he was at Ginny's party with you." 

Hermione sighed and thought about Draco's response as they apparated to the caterers again. 

---------------------------

They reached in the caterer's studio and Hermione smoothed down her skirt as she sat on the white sofa. The boss was on vacation today, something about making suits and capes for her favorite family,  and all the chefs were there to fill in for her. Hermione and Draco looked at each other with disappointment when they approached the table of fancy food. All Draco wanted was for some burger and fries... maybe he would at his own wedding. 

Hermione, as if reading Draco's mind, said "Can we have something more casual. Like maybe it would be cute if we had mini cups of fries or something." 

Draco smiled and said, "Yeah WITH BURGERS TOO!" 

Hermione stared at him and rolled her eyes "Dra- I mean Ethan is just joking we don't want fries or burgers."