Chapter 02

CHAPTER 02

J A C K

I'm only a kid when I noticed that annoying grandpa kept on tagging along with us. He's always there when I woke up if I'm at the hospital. (Well, I think I'm the most sickly werewolf there) And the most embarrassing thing that happened to me was when someone knocked me unconscious during a match. It was so embarrassing to face all of them, especially dad.

That grandpa also talks to me as if he's my father and dad and daddy always agrees to what he says.

It pissed me off sometimes.

Why only me? Why not at Zach? He should be the one who needed guidance and not me.

I sighed and glanced at him who was talking to dad. He's from our neighboring pack and the only pack that made an allience with us and he almost came here everyday for I don't why.

Maybe dad hired him as my babysitter!

Wow! Isn't it amazing!?

I frowned when his eyes met mine making me turned my back at him and went back to my room when I heard grandmama calling me from the living room.

"Yes." I answered and went down the staircase.

"How do you want to celebrate both Zach and your birthday?" She asked.

Our birthday will be three days after today day and I don't want a party. I don't really care about it. So what if we're turning eighteen?

"I already prepared a lunch party for you!" She exclaimed happily and I can't bring myself to oppose her, but I was surprised.

"Really?" I said while frowning.

"Yes. I already told them about it." She said and I just nodded.

What can I do? I guess grandma already invited everyone.

"Well, I-uh, thanks, grandmama." I said and she hugged me.

"I can't believe you're already eighteen." She said disconnecting the hug and held my arms. "Later on, you'll find both your mates and create a family! I can't wait to see my great grandchildrens. Too bad that Adolf can't see them." She smiled but I can see sadness on her eyes.

Adolf was our grandfather and he died about twenty years ago because he was killed by his younger brother who's a rogue.

I pulled grandmama a hug once more. "Even without grandpapa, we're still always here for you." I said and she hugged me tighter.

"Yes. Thank you."

∷∷∷

I emailed Rain, my closest friend on the pack, two nights before my birthday that he should come back here and I should see his face. He went to the city to attend a human school because it's what he wanted and it's been three straight years that he haven't gone back home.

I opened my room door and it scared the hell out of me when the first thing I saw was Eziel's fvcking face! And he's the grandpa and he that I'm talking about.

"What the hell are you doing here early in the morning!?" I said breathelessly.

"I'm so sorry for surprising you." He said and I wanted to shout at him that he just didn't surprised my ass, he almost killed me but I didn't. I just gave him an annoyed look. I didn't smelt him at all! And all I can smell was the fragrance of a flower?

"I-uh, just wanted to say happy birthday." I frowned. "In advance." He added while scratching his nape and grinning at me like he always does every time our eyes met. That grinning face of him was the most annoying face I've ever seen!