{16} It's her birthday?

(three updates in a week? some congratulate me pls. i'm updating more frequently as I'm ill and I have nothing to do at home so yeah)

-

I get a message from Allison at around 6 asking me to come round hers for Lydia's birthday dress try-ons.

"Oh god. It's Lydia's birthday?" I say out loud even though no one can hear me I quickly put on a shirt and leave the house. I arrive at hers in less than 5 minutes, and I knock on the door. The principle of the high school opens the door, and I greet him.

"Afternoon sir, I'm here to see Allison and Lydia?" He nods and moves out the way to let me in. I wake up the stairs and go to her room.

"It's my birthday party. I'm thinking host dress, evening dress, then, hmm after- hours casual" Lydia says as I walk in. I greet the girls with a hug, and they continue with their conversation.

"I noticed that you didn't send out any invites," Allison asks.

"It's the biggest party of the year, Allison. Everyone knows." She is going to talk about how everyone thinks Lydia is a freak without calling her a freak.

"Just 'cause things have been off lately. Things and people. Like Jackson." I snap back into reality when they say Jackson's name wondering if Allison is going to tell her.

"What do you care about Jackson?" I jut want them to drop the Jackson conversation right now before it goes any further.

"Do you know if he's coming tonight? I'm pretty sure someone in this room has had enough kissing him around your back" Is this what I get for helping you on day one Allison? Is it?

"Lydia I'm so sorry it was just because we were in a moment he was using me as I rebound and so was I. It didn't mean anything to either of us" I reply before Lydia tells me that she isn't my friend or spread some nasty rumour about me.

"He used you as a rebound?" I nod

"Hmm ok. This one's American rag. Mm, I love it for Amelia, not you. This one's material girl. It's for you." Lydia turns to look over to the door and speaks "Ms Argent. What do you think of this one?"

"Oh, it's lovely. Allison, uh, can I grab you for a moment to talk? Just the two of us" I was getting ready to leave the room, but Allison completely shuts her down. What if it was important? It certainly felt important like Ms Argent was going to burst out crying any second. After we decide on the dresses, I leave to go home and get ready for the party.

I thought Lydia would be angry with me, but she isn't. I mean I did tell her that it was all just a rebound for both of us but even though I would be mad. I start thinking about the life I have made here wondering if I would leave here hoping that I wouldn't. I put on my makeup thinking of going natural like always but changing the lips to a dark purple reddish colour. Pleased with the way I look I get the gift I had brought Lydia from a few hours ago and left the house. I put on black heels and got into my car driving to Lydia's.

I come a little late as the preparation took a while as well as getting Lydia her a gift. I park near her house and start walking to the door. I see Jackson over there by the door probably debating whether to enter or not. I greet him and grab his hand and enter the house. We go outside where the party is and as soon as we walk outside Scott stands up acknowledging that our presence is here. I smile and wave at them. I left Jacksons hand I walk over there with a huge smile on my face. Thank god Lydia didn't see that we had entered together or I'm pretty sure she would've ripped my hair out.