Chapter 39

OH my lord guys it's been so long and I am so sorry for that! I had personal issues to deal with and now that I've finally dealt with them and it's summertime, I am ready to get back into writing this story for you! Thank you so much for your patience and keeping this story growing to 6k during my time away! I'm very sorry for leaving for so long but I'm back now, thank you so much for your patience! I hope you enjoy this, this story is about to take a dark twist! Love you my readers, prepare yourselves!

***
Jennifer's POV -

When my eyes peel open the following morning, I immediately shield them with my the back of my hand, the fierce yellow light from Kelsie's lamp blinding me. A low groan escapes my lips as I shift over in bed, yanking my sheets over my head.

"Class in 20 minutes, Jen. Get up or you'll be late." A drone-like voice calls from across the room, much to my dismay.

"I know, I know." I croak in response, but don't move an inch. As I blankly gaze at the inside of my thin covers, foggy memories from the previous night begin to seep into my mind. The game of truth or dare, sitting upstairs with Kyle, and the fight Blu and I got in due to her childish yet irritating behavior. The thought of her brings a fresh wave of anger rising up into my chest.

I'm relatively surprised I'm able to remember any of it at all, as I can recall being very drunk. My cheeks redden at the thought.

I can remember Draco being angry, too, and us going up to his dorm for a little bit after it all ended, then me heading back to mine for the night.

Suddenly, a small fist rips the covers back, exposing me from the safety of my bed. I let out a small shriek in response, causing Kelsie to laugh as she stands above me. "You're gonna be late."

"Whatever." I grumble, concealing a small smile of my own as I slip out of bed to get ready.

When I'm finished in the bathroom, Kelsie and I make our way down to the common room, and then the great hall.

After a quick and light breakfast, we head to Potions.

Draco won't be there, and I don't expect him to be, yet I can't help but be disappointed. I know he has some sort of task to work on, which causes my face to fall as I think about it.

The potions dungeon is illuminated by a soft light when Kelsie and I enter, small chatter filling the room as more and more students enter. We cross the room and take our regular seats at the back table, where Josefina is bent anxiously over an open spellbook, her eyes squinted and tongue sticking past her pursed lips in determination.

"What's up with you?" Kelsie asks with a hint of shock in her voice, craning over Josefina's shoulder.

Josefina flips the book shut, turning her attention to us. "That project over winter break?" She says. "Brought my mark way the hell down. Talked to Slughorn this morning, I've got to write an essay on the top ten deadliest potions of the 1300s in order to get back up to an Acceptable in this class." She finishes, jerking her head towards a piece of parchment with a few lines of her untidy scrawl trailing across it.

Just then, a loud screeching sounds from across the room, and the chatter dies down as everyone turns to discover the source of the obnoxious noise.

Blu is plopping down upon the stool she pulled out, obviously satisfied to have gained everyone's attention. She flicks a blonde curl over her shoulder after surveying the room as if she owns us all, and begins to tell Pansy and a rather uninterested Kyle a story while pointing to a dark bruise at the base of her neck.

Josefina audibly groans, looking as if she might throw up, and the noise of the classroom is brought back to life.

Within a few minutes, the other members of our table have arrived, all except for Draco. I try to ignore the deep feeling of Blaise's sharp eyes cutting into me as he takes a seat.