37: Success

Hey everyone! Sorry about the last chapter being messed about. I don't know what happened with Wattpad. Anyway, I got it sorted and I'll make sure it won't happen again. So let's keep the chapters coming, aye? : )

On with the chapter!

:-{ D

--------------------

It has been a few months since Harley started work. Things have been going smoothly. Ivy continued her work in her green house and Harley was bringing some money in from her job. They were happy. Ivy was cleaning up in the bathroom when the phone rang. Ivy quickly went to answer it. After the call, she was in shock.

Harley hummed as she walked to the car park where Ivy was waiting. She saw the car and picked up her pace, excited to see Ivy. Harley opened the door and got in before closing the door. "Hiya baybee" Harley greeted, hugging Ivy and kissing her cheek. "Hey Harl, how was your day?" Ivy replied happily. "It was okay. Glad to go home now" Harley told Ivy. "Sorry Harl but we're not going home just yet" Ivy said, smiling slightly. "What do you mean red?" Harley asked, slightly confused. "Well, you know how I've been working for years trying to perfect a certain little plant?" Ivy began. "Ya mean the one that helps reduce the pollution in the air?" Harley asked. Ivy smiled and nodded. "It has taken me a long time to perfect but I have finally done it. The plant I have created releases a big puff of gas once a day that rises up into the sky. It kills off any bad fumes and pollution that is harming the Earth" Ivy went on.

"Awesome red!" Harley said. "That's not it either. I got a call from The Science and Research Centre here in Gotham. They are going to fund me with my work. This means that I produce the plants, they use them and I get paid a lot of money!" Ivy added. Harley's mouth dropped. "W-what does that mean? How much?" Harley asked. "It means that we won't have to worry about money anymore. We will be paid enough money to last a long time" Ivy replied. "I-I can't believe it!" Harley exclaimed. "Me neither baby!" Ivy cried happily. The pair then hugged each other happily.

"What happens now?" Harley asked excitedly. "We'll save up big chunks of the money so then we will always have a lot of money stashed away" Ivy answered. "Does that mean I need to work still?" Harley wondered. Ivy just laughed. "It's up to you Harl. But right now, we're going to celebrate!" Ivy replied. "Yeah!" Harley cheered.

A few hours went by. Harley, Ivy and Jane were at a bar. They were talking and laughing. "Do you have any plans with what to do with the money?" Jane asked. "Get a house near my very own private beach with my beautiful girlfriend" Ivy replied with a smile. Harley blushed slightly. "Ya mean it red?" Harley asked. "Well... It might not be now but one day I promise" Ivy told her. "You're a bit drunk" Jane smiled. "Doesn't mean I don't mean it" Ivy said. "True" Jane smiled.

"I'm driving you both home" Jane told the pair. It was getting late and Jane was the only one who hasn't had a drink. "Okay Jane... You can stay over though" Ivy replied, slightly wobbly on her feet. Harley just giggled causing Ivy to look at her and crack a smile on her face. Harley looked at Ivy and laughed. "Love you" Harley said with a huge smile on her face as she poked Ivy's cheek with her finger. Ivy just laughed in response. Jane smiled and shook her head. "Come on you two, time to go home" Jane announced.

Jane helped Harley and Ivy to their car. They got in the back while Jane got in the driver's seat. Jane began to drive away from the town and towards Ivy's house. "Hey red, red... I think dat drink haz gone to me head" Harley giggled. "Speak for yourself baby, I'm as sober as... as uhm... as Jane" Ivy grinned. Harley started to laugh, making Ivy laugh too. Jane rolled her eyes but couldn't help but smirk. Harley leaned on Ivy. Ivy held Harley in her arms as the pair continued to giggle. "Hey Janey, I went to a bar in mah work clothes!" Harley shouted before laughing. "Ain't dat funny!?" Harley asked, giggling. "Yeah Harley" Jane smiled. Harley looked at Ivy but she had fallen asleep. "Uh oh... sweetie pie haz fallen asleep. She's adorable. An cute!" Harley said quietly, holding in her laughter. "Don't let her hear you say that" Jane told Harley, chuckling slightly. "She can't hear me! She a pussycat" Harley grinned, poking her lover in the cheek. Ivy groaned in her sleep and turned her head away. Harley giggled and bounced slightly in her seat.

Jane parked up and switched the engine off. All the way back to the house, Harley kept on talking nonsense and giggled. Jane found the pair hilarious when they were drunk. She knew that she had to do this again sometime. Jane got out and so did Harley. "Come on red! Up ya get!" Harley exclaimed loudly, waking Ivy. Ivy slowly got out of the car. Jane helped Ivy walk while Harley just skipped around happily. Well, Harley kept losing her balance which kept making her giggle. "Careful Harley" Jane called. "I'm careful!" Harley replied. Jane smiled and shook her head.

The following morning, Harley and Ivy slowly awoke. Ivy stretched and looked at Harley. Harley groaned as she placed her hand on her forehead. "Ughh, my head" Harley said. "Baby we got so drunk last night!" Ivy said. "Uhhh not so loud!" Harley groaned. Ivy laughed slightly. "I can't even remember what happened last night" Harley added. Ivy pulled Harley close to her. The pair then laid for a few moments in silence. "Uhm red? I was thinking" Harley began nervously. "Yeah Harl?" Ivy said. "You'll probably think it's a stupid idea but uhh... I'd like to study art at college" Harley told Ivy. "That ain't a stupid idea. I like it. You really want to do it?" Ivy asked. Harley nodded. Ivy smiled. "I phone the college in Gotham today. If it's a yes, I'll be able to get you on a course in a few days. It's actually the best time to do it" Ivy revealed. "Thank you red!" Harley exclaimed. Both then groaned and placed their hands on their heads. The pair then laughed and hugged each other...

--------------------

Not as cute as the last chapters, sorry everyone. Hopefully you found Harley and Ivy drunk funny. Thought it would be a fun thing to do haha.

I don't want to reveal much but there are some big surprises coming so just be ready.

Next chapter is titled: 'Harley's First Day'. See you all next chapter.