Ch. 23

"Hey, where are you guys going? We have to hit the hotel bar first. I need a shot." Easton calls to us as we continue to walk.

"Briar! You owe me." He yells, so I turn back and tug at Truex to do the same.

"Come on, guys. He'll just get louder." I say, to everyone. Knowing full well that Easton will not be ignored and so do the others. At the bar Easton orders double shots of whiskey for all of us.

"To Mya and Tate! May you have a long happy life together." Easton toasts and we all clink or drinks together. He orders another round and I try to reason with him. "No, we have to meet everyone tonight. We can't get wasted." I state, firmly. He ignores me and slides another glass my way. I roll my eyes as he hits his glass against mine and I begrudgingly pour the burning liquid down my throat.

"One more!" He insists.

"No, Easton!" I yell, trying to keep a straight face.

''Tequila this time!" He orders, over me. I can help but laugh. I can tell Mya is enjoying the drinks and Easton's party boy behavior is becoming infectious.

When the shots are dispersed we look at each other. "Last one, Easton." Mya warns, smiling wide.

"I can't guarantee that." He replies, grinning. He lifts his glass high. "We drink to forget the sound of Truex murdering Briar's vag-!" I leap at Easton, holding my hand over his mouth.

"Say one more word and I swear the only thing getting murdered, is you." I threaten, as Mya and Tate laugh.

He chuckles against my hand and nods. I take away my arm slowly, making sure its not a trick and he turns to Mya. "Come on battle buddy." He says, throwing his arm around her. "We survived a war zone." He jokes, and Mya agrees laughing loudly. They clink their drinks together and I look at Truex.

"I swear to God. I'm never having sex with you again if he mentions it one more time." I state, completely serious. He lifts his eyebrow in response, but gets up and taps Easton on the shoulder. He tells Easton's something that causes him to sober up just a little, and he nods his head in understanding. Good, now its over.

    Easton pays a hefty bar tab and we walk to a restaurant Mya wants to try for lunch. Lunch is pleasant, simply because Easton doesn't say anything regarding noises or sex.

"What did you say to him back at the bar?" I ask, curiously. Sitting next to Truex at the table.

He looks over at me. "That's private." He answers, simply.

I scoff. "So was our first time, but we just shared that with everyone." I whisper, to him.

He groans. ''Lets go back to the room."

I ignore his needy eyes, knowing he's serious about going back to bed and ask again. "What did you say?"

"That I want to go back to the room with you." He repeats, adjusting himself under the table.

I growl at him and he smirks. "I told him that if he wanted any touchdowns this season, he better not say another word."

"So a football threat?" I ask, for clarification.

"Yes, Briar. A football threat." He replies, impatiently. "Now, can you fake a headache or something?"

"You're not having fun?" I ask, so far this is a pretty standard day for us. We drank too much, too fast, I got embarrassed and Mya laughs nonstop.

He gives me a narrowed look, "No."

I chuckle at his neediness. "You just had it, you don't need it again. If you do, then go pay for it, this is Vegas. There are a lot of working girls here, call one up." I encourage. "Plus, its a little tender down there." I add, shifting in my seat.