Chapter Twenty Two

He had her hair again, but this time her feet weren’t on the ground. She was dangling from his arm and it hurt more than before. She had screamed when he took hold of her long strands but now she held herself rigid hoping to minimise any movement so she didn’t pull on her hair any more than he was already.

“I’m still waiting for names.”

“Won’t give them.” She lost her ability to form full sentences about half an hour ago. One night was all she had been in this hell hole she had been in this hell hole and yet it seemed like weeks. She had stopped crying at the bodies around her. It was as if she had no more tears left. Shock had taken over and she had become silent for the most part. Until he came back for her.

                He shook her roughly and smirked at the whimper she let loose.

“Names.”

“No.” He threw her against the wall again and watched as she slid down. He knew she would have lots of bruises now on her back but he didn’t care. He only laughed at knowing he was causing her pain. “Let’s see how long you can truly last.”

                He started to walk over to her, his form towering and looking three times as large as she did. She looked up at him in fear and then swallowed hard as he opened his hand and blue light sparkled in them. It crackled like lightening in his palms and he was getting closer. “I always get what I want.” He said, lowering his tone so it rumbled from the back of his throat and sounded animalistic. Like a growling predator out in the wild. His approach slowed down but that was only so he could prolong her anticipation of what was to come. His eyes narrowed in a threat and her own eyes nervously looked at his. “Always,” he carried one, “no matter what I need to do, I’ll do it.”

                With her eyes trained back on the unknown in front of her, she wondered just what would happen now. The bodies around her in her peripherals flickered in her vision. She blinked wondered what was happened to her eyes as they flickered again. Taking her eyes away from the lightening hands she looked around but the bodies were still there. Brining her hands to her head she tapped at her temples and rubbed them; the weight in her head was getting a little less but was still there. And that nagging. It was haunting her. She wanted Perttu. She wanted him to be there and take her away from this. She missed him and part of her always thought he would come for her. She never thought she would be without him. It had been like that since the rock. She had known, from that moment on, her life would end with him by her side and she had had to give herself time to come to terms with that. And now, now she had come to terms with that but he was supposed to be by her side alive. Not dead.

                She touched her shoulder, her fated shoulder and let a tear fall. She wanted him, if only this one last time before she faced the torture of this horrible man. She let her fingertips glide over the skin, the mark, so lightly it felt like a sider crawling; it was that tiny tickle you feel when its legs ever so softly wander over skin. It felt like that because she was so gentle. She imagined touching him though. Running her fingers over his face; his stern and chiselled features. That strong expression on his face - she imagined tracing it as she touched her shoulder. That was why she liked the feel because she was touching her mark as if she could touch Perttu.

                If the blue light was going to hurt her, and it was – very soon – then she wanted to picture Perttu again before pain would be all her mind could think off. The sound of an advancing footstep spared her on to imagine once again Perttu’s eyes. She saw them; blue, sparkling and piercing. She smiled at them… and then screamed when the blue touched her arm. She screamed his name. She screamed Perttu. Her one last link to sanity was his image. She would never betray the friends of Perttu. Never and she looked up at the man eyes. His looked manic; brown iris’s amidst an expression of utter glee at her pain. Sweat started to seep through the pores on her forehead as she locked her jaw and stopped screaming, gritting her teeth at the pain.