07 | Hanging

Warning: Extreme offensive, prejudice ignorance ahead. Proceed with caution.

"So, what's the problem here huh?" Harry challenged in a deep, cynically amused voice, a dark grin on his face as he played and spun the handle of the sledgehammer in his hand, the other hand holding his suit jacket over his shoulder while he paced in front of the Todd family.

No one said a word and for once, I was actually thankful to be near Harry on the opposite side from them.

He had moved us all upstairs into the previous room I had just showed the family before for reasons unknown to me as I anxiously watched his little interrogation in silence.

"What, cat got your tongue? All of a sudden you can't talk shit now?" Harry leered in a taunting voice, circling the family and mockingly flicking Mr. Todd's tie in the process who flinched at the contact.

Harry then shifted his attention to Mr. Todd's wife, towering behind her, invading the personal space each person had, making every individual squirm with discomfort just by his heavy gaze alone as he slowly strode in front of her stiffly thin frame, raising the sledge hammer and lifting the pearl necklace over her collar bones with the metal end.

"Maybe the Mrs. has something to say." He chuckled, studying the uneven rise and fall of her chest before his gaze slid over to the teenage girl who flushed under his gaze.

"Or you, you wanna open that big mouth of yours for me yeah?" Harry smirked in a suggestive manner, pointing at her with the weapon as the seventeen year old's shoulder went rigid, cheeks stained with blush as Harry tilted his head to the side, studying her while she attempted to avoid eye contact.

Finally he glanced down at the little boy, the smallest of the family.

Harry simply ruffled the kid's hair before walking back in front of them, letting the metal head of it fall repeatedly against his calloused palm.

"So, didn't like the lighting in this room, not enough windows..." He trailed off as he casually looked around, dropping his jacket to the floor while Mr. Todd audibly gulped, wiping at his forehead again as if already sensing the chaos that was growing in this room by the second.

Harry took the clear, safety construction glasses off his face before glancing back at me, walking over and situating them on my face as I scrunched my nose and closed my eyes, letting him fix it on me before blinking at him in confusion.

He simply winked, patting my head before he turned headed towards the wall in determination, running his tongue along his lower lip with excitement.

With one strong swing he swung the sledgehammer hard against the wall, surprising everyone as it crumbled, paint chipping over shifted, cracking bricks exposed and breaking away as the dust unspiraled in the air.

Hit after hit was brought down upon the barrier until the bricks caved in and light poured through the gaps.

Harry's back muscles shifted and strained underneath his dress shirt before he looked over at the startled Todd family with a sly grin.

"That enough light for you?" Harry tilted his head to the side, staring at them as each and everyone of the Todds nodded quickly in unison with frightened expressions.

That's when I decided to cut in.

"As you can see my husband's services are more than efficient. Look, new window and much more light for you as requested." I spoke up with a professional smile, politely gesturing to the hole in the wall while Harry propped the metal head of the sledgehammer on the floor, placing one hand on the handle and casually leaning on it behind me.