Chasing A Demon

Elijah has been locked in a dream for a day now. We have been trying to get him out of it. I thought of something I could try. Esther told me once that if I was ever powerful enough, then I could even enter somebody's mind.

Maybe that would help the dream.

I walked into Elijah's room to see Klaus with his hand over Elijah's head and heart. Klaus was panting and his aura was twice as big as it usually is. I could smell blood. Klaus was knocked backward into my arms, and I held him up.

Blood dripped from his nose as he looked at me with shock. "What are you doing?" I ask him. Klaus wiped the stream away with his hand. "I'm trying to enter Elijah's thoughts to wake him. Esther has locked me out." Klaus told me.

I noticed something on Elijah's neck, covered partly by his cotton tee. I pulled it back, and revealed a flower pattern rash on his skin. "Is this rash a side affect of the witchy acid trip he's on?" I ask Klaus.

I move away and let Klaus take a look. He pulled the shirt collar back and sighed. "I haven't seen this since I was a child. Mikael would return home from battle more blindly temperamental than usual and our mother would use the petals of a rare Merlock orchid to out him to sleep. She would mend his mind with a spell and then wake him with the roots of the same plant." Klaus explained.

Klaus spun around to face me, only putting inches between us. "If she has access to it now, then maybe it also grows in the bayou. You stay here with Hayley and mind the fort." Klaus orders me.

Klaus tried to pass me, but I grabbed his arm. "No. We do this together. Elijah is my family too, and I know that you are some all powerful Hybrid, but I'm not letting you go alone." I tell him. "I don't want you to get hurt." Klaus tells me.

"Well, I could always rip your mother's head off." I sigh. "Stay clear of her." Klaus ordered me. I give him a look. "I mean it, Harper. She already got to you once. That will never happen again." Klaus hissed.

"And it won't! I was a human back then. I wasn't even a Feeler." I argue. "Harper you will not go after her." Klaus demanded. "I won't. I promise." I assure Klaus. Klaus left the room quickly and I was left alone to my thoughts.

I turned to Elijah, and anger filled me. "I've picked up a few tricks from your mother. I won't go after her, I'll go after everything that she loves." I whisper. I raced away from Elijah's limp body and drove out to the bayou.

I told Hayley to look after the wolves and Elijah at the compound. She fussed, but in the end, gave in. I arrived at the bayou to find Jackson drinking whiskey at the docks, looking out to Oliver. Smoke unfurling into the cool morning air.

"I'm sorry about Oliver." I tell Jackson.

Jackson stood from the edge of the dock with the bottle in hand. "This is bull, Harper. Crescent tradition says you have a funeral at dawn, and nobody is here. That loyalty- loyalties gone." Jack told me, walking past me.

"You're standing around moping over Oliver when your people are at war. Your people need their Alpha." I tell him. "I need to grieve, Harper. Oliver just died-" Jackson started. "I know how it feels to grieve, Jack. I drowned myself in it, killing hundreds of people in the process. But the fact that you say that just tells me the hypocrite you really are. I thought you hated Oliver for betraying you, for contributing to killing my baby." I scoff.

"I understand you were angry and said things you didn't mean, but Oliver, in the end, never ever lost his passion. He was fighting to protect you, his family, the entire Crescent pack. If that means anything to you, if you truly want to make it up to Oliver, then be the Alpha." I explain to him.