Official

The next day brought a sheepish Jimin knocking on your door.
You were in the middle of getting ready for school when he showed up, and sighed when you heard the knock. Even though he never usually asked or alerted you before entering your home, you knew exactly who it was.

After the boys had gotten Jimin into his own house the night before, Jin had pulled you to the side. Namjoon, Yoongi, and Jungkook had left to go check on their sick friend after Jin had returned from carrying him. That left you and Jin alone in your house.
"What happened?" the mother-like boy had asked you. His soft chocolate eyes were concerned.
"I'm not really sure," you had hedged. "He was sick, and then he just...wasn't."
"He wasn't sick anymore?" Jin said, brows jumping in surprise. "Just like that? What was he?"
"On top of me," you had muttered sarcastically under your breath.
"What was that?"
You blushed and retracted the statement, replacing it with, "He was really aggressive and physical. He kept saying that he was too hot and I needed to...help him with it."
"Help him with..." Jin had trailed off in horror. "You mean-"
"Guys!" Namjoon hopped up the stairs. "We figured out what's wrong with Jimin."
The two of you stared at him inquiringly until he gave Jin a meaningful look.
"He's having, um, excessive boy problems."
Frowning and confused, you had gestured for him to elaborate.
Namjoon moved his hands around, obviously looking for a way to explain the situation to you. "Let's just say he's having...well, sort of...sexual withdraws? You could also say he's arous-"
"Ahh!" You had slapped your hands over you ears, red in the face. Nice way to make yourself uncomfortable, Y/N, you had thought to yourself. "I understand! No more, please!"
"What?" Jin had shook his head in disbelief, waving a hand. "He's literally running a fever. That's not normal, not even when that's happening."
"It isn't normal," Namjoon had agreed. "But that's what it is, no doubt."
"Hospital?" you asked.
Namjoon and Jin both shook their heads in exasperation.
"He already told us, no hospitals," Jin huffed. "He doesn't want anyone to know he has a tail."
You smacked a hand to your forehead, internally cursing the people that made those three boys like this. "How are we gonna find out what's wrong with him?!"
Jin rubbed the bridge of his nose as if rubbing away a headache. Suddenly, and idea popped into his head and his handsome face brightened.
"My uncle's a vet!" Jin chattered excitedly. "Jimin's having animal issues right? Maybe we could talk to my uncle like we have a cat, and see what he recommends."
You and Namjoon had exchanged glances and shrugged.
"Sounds like our best shot to me," Namjoon said.
The two boys had then left you alone, since you were officially banned from being in the same house as you best friend for the rest of the night.

Glancing at the clock, you let out a frustrated mumble under your breath and threw your hair up into a messy bun. You were out of time, so you just marched down the stairs to get it over with.
You had already prophesied the conversation.
He would apologize, something like,
I'm so sorry, I don't know what happened,
or
that wasn't me, Muffin.
After that he was going to try to convince you that there was zero attraction between the two of you.
It was an accident, Muffin. I don't see you like that.
You're my best friend.
You honestly weren't in the mood to deal with him but you also didn't see a way out of it. Jimin could be persistent when he wanted to.
You slung the door open, revealing your best friend in all of his worn-out glory. Deep shadows rested under his tired eyes and there were bruises on his arms from being restrained by the other boys. Although a black beanie was covering up his hair and ears, you were pretty sure all of that lustrous blond hair had lost its body throughout the night.
"Y/N," he said.
Sighing again, you stepped out of the doorway. Jimin backtracked two steps for every one that you took. There was a flow of uncomfortable energy connecting the two of you. It was sad; you'd never been so awkward around each other before.
You turned your back to him and closed the door behind you, locking it.
"Um, Y/N," he mumbled again.
Before he could say another sentence you held up a hand.
"It's okay," you told him. "I forgive you. You don't have to-"
"No." He cut you off. "You need to know why."
"I really don't. I understand that you were having some kind of problem because you got injected-"
"I wasn't thinking of you!"
Everything in you stilled, your heart and breath and thoughts. Even the birds around you seemed to stop chirping as you slowly whispered, "Excuse me?"
Jimin looked down, nudging your front porch with his sneaker. His usually bright skin was sallow and pale.
"I wasn't thinking of you, when I said all of that and did...you know. I was thinking of Hani."

Jimin's POV
Stupid. Stupid.
Y/N stared at him with those big eyes of hers, but they were blank. Empty.
He lied through his teeth again and said, "I'm sorry, Y/N. I was thinking of Hani."
Park Jimin, you liar.
All last night, not a thought of the other girl had crossed his mind.
All he had been thinking about was the girl in front of him, who was also his best friend, who also wasn't the girl who smelled like everything he ever wanted.
Y/N's mouth dropped open a little before she seemed to catch herself. A hint of hurt crept into her eyes, then disappeared when she composed herself.
"Okay," Y/N whispered. "Okay. That's okay."
But it wasn't. It wasn't okay for Jimin either; he just had to pretend that it was.
He had to be loyal.
If he could just keep Y/N distanced as his best friend until this insane craving passed, then he would have the perfect life. The girlfriend that he never knew he needed in Hani, and the best friend he would always love in Y/N.
His body wanted Y/N but his head, heart, and soul wanted the girl who smelled like his home.
"I'm sorry," he said tightly. "It won't happen again. I promise."

Y/N's POV
I promise.
At lunch you stared into space, distracted and hurt.
He promised that it won't happen again, because he wasn't actually attracted to you, Y/N. That would be silly. He was thinking of Hani.
Oh that had hurt. His words were the one excuse that you hadn't predicted. It hurt a lot, but you had tried your best to not show it.
How embarrassing.
You sighed in misery.
Both Jungkook and Taehyung could sense your mood and leaned on you, silently giving you their support.
The two seats beside you were empty. Jimin and Hani hadn't been seen, which only made your mood worse.
How on earth were you supposed to keep on in this state when you had actually...liked it? You were attracted to your best friend, who was with another girl.
What a cliche.
"Y/N," Jin said from across the table. You looked up at him.
"I asked my uncle if we could go talk to him. You, me, and Namjoon are going this weekend. Okay?" Jin gave you a kind smile that lifted your mood a little bit.
Why couldn't you like Jin?
He was hands down more handsome,right? And he was kind and funny and sometimes childish, sometimes mature. Broad shoulders, tall, what more could you ask for?
What's wrong with a short guy? Your mind whispered to you. A short guy with cute little hands and the best eye smile on the planet. And when he dances-
You had to cut yourself off.
Doomed. You were doomed for eternal misery.
Giving Jin a wimpy thumbs up, you returned to picking through your food.
A soft murmuring throughout the cafeteria caught your attention. You looked up in time to see Hani and Jimin walking hand in hand through the lunch room, smiling at each other.
You looked away.
"Guys," Jimin said when they reached the table. "I have an announcement."
The rest of the boys paid attention but you still didn't look. Taehyung grabbed your hand under the table.
"Hani and I are officially dating!" Jimin announced cheerfully.
Your stomach clenched painfully and you roughly squeezed Taehyung's hand.
There were scattered reactions from the others; a hesitant clap from Hoseok was the most positive.
Yoongi flat out scoffed in disgust.
"Congratulations," you whispered under your breath.
You avoided Hani's victorious gaze and Jimin's searching one, instead focusing on Jungkook's face.
He looked concerned for you. He was going to ask you what was wrong, but you stopped him and shook your head.
You murmured, "It's nothing."

_________________________________

"How close have you gotten?" The boss asked the spy.
"Closer than I expected to," the spy laughed. "Anytime you want to make a move, I'm ready."
Nodding, the boss leaned back in satisfaction. He folded his hands together on his lap and dismissed the spy.
Things were going smoother than he had anticipated. The missing research would surely be in his hands in no time.
He would give the boy one more opportunity to peacefully cooperate; if he refused, then the spy would be released and take out the group from inside.
The boss chuckled cruelty under his breath at the thought.
The boy should cooperate.
Releasing the spy on them was the last thing the he would want.

[A/N]
Please remember to vote and/or comment.
Thanks for the read!
❤️PB