xxxviii.

Just beyond the large cackling fire, Sam and Dean stand next to each other in mourning. They watch Charlie's body burn in the inferno, reminding and thinking of all she'd done for them.

"Charlie." Sam spoke up to cut the silence, "We're gonna miss you. You were the best. And I'm so sorry –"

"Shut up." Dean's emotionless face spoke up. He tried to hold it all in, together. If Sam wasn't family, he would've killed him for all he's done, "You got her killed, you don't get to apologize."

"We were trying to help you." Sam defended.

"I didn't need help. I told you to leave it alone." Dean reminded him.

"What was I supposed to do, just – watch you die?" Sam asked, upset Dean refused to see his side.

"The Mark isn't gonna kill me." Dean said, referring to his invincibility.

"Maybe not, but – when it's done with you, you won't be you anymore." Sam said, "Dean, you're all I've got. So of course, I was gonna fight for you because that's what we do. And listen, I had a shot—"

"Yeah, you had a shot." Dean finally turned to him, "Charlie's dead. And (Y/N), the girl who you practically threw me at to get close to even- even though you know how I feel about that? Told me it was good for me and - and I actually did for once, is missing. She's on every most wanted list, and the Stynes I'm sure are gunna use that against her, or they're going to find something that makes her go nuclear. So, yeah, nice shot."

"You think I'm – You think I'm ever – gonna forgive myself for this?" Sam said, tears welling up.

"You wanna know what I think?" Dean lashed out, "I think it should be you up there, not her. This thing, with Cass, and the book, ends now. Shut it down before somebody else gets hurt. You understand me?"

"And what about you?" Sam said after a long pause while he stared into the fire, digesting what has really happened.

"Oh, I'm gonna find whoever did this. And I'm gonna rip apart everything and everyone that they ever loved. And then I'm gonna tear out their heart." Dean assured Sam of his intentions to who ever hurt you and Charlie.

"Is that you talking or the Mark?" Sam asked, noticing the sudden violence.

"Does it matter?" Dean turns and has to walk away. Sam watched him leave, seeing the strong separation between them.

~

You woke up, in more pain than before. It was sigils, they were everywhere and you so strongly wanted to run away. Your hands and feet were strapped to a cold metal table and gagged with a rag tied around your mouth. You were completely conscious.

"So, as I understand, you didn't get the book, and you lost an arm, broke a spine and internal bleeding." You heard a southern man speak from down the hall, "Not what I call a win, son. And you know what we do to losers."

"Yes sir. That's why I brought you a present. Well, make it two," the mans voice from the motel room spoke, "I found a stash of magic like you wouldn't believe."

"Try me." The older man said.

"The Winchesters dragged me to their – clubhouse. It's filled with folklore, artifacts, maybe even the Book of the Damned. Now you give me a few guys, and I'll make the biggest score this family's ever seen." The man said, "And to sweeten the pot a bit: Eli and I caught you an Angel."