Chapter 26

(A day before the recital)

Nara was accompanied by Boram to meet the academy's principal.

"Are you sure you're not going to regret this? Your hand can still heal. A piano senior also experienced the same incident, hmm few years ago if I'm not mistaken." The principal said as he sat down and brought the papers.

She knew who it was that the principal was talking about. But her hand was not the main reason she wanted to quit the academy after the recital tomorrow. She wanted to withdraw from playing the piano since awhile ago, yet had no courage to do so.

"I'm sure, sir." Nara nodded and stared at the file papers.

"Then I can't do anything about that." He smiled as he slid the file to Nara to sign it. "Should you ever need a place to play piano, you can come here. If there's an empty room left."

She chuckled. "Sure. I will still come visit, sir. After all I have friends here too." She looked at Boram who sat next to her. She then signed the file of her course withdrawal. "Would that be all, sir?"

"Only if you want to terminate this paper." He joked and the two girls laughed politely. "I hope you chase what you truly want, Nara-student."

"I will, sir."

--

Jinah came to Nara's piano room with a can of coffee. She knocked the door. "Can I come in, eonni?"

Nara was tidying up her sheet notes and immediately noticed Jinah behind the glass window on the door. "Sure. Come in."

"Are you really leaving?" She asked. "Is your hand okay?"

"I'm fine. I just need to bear the pain a little for tomorrow." Nara smiled at her. She saw a glimpse of the coffee can. "Is that for me? Because I can get a boost of caffeine right now."

"Ah, yes. It's for you." Jinah handed the coffee can. "Here." She looked around and tried to find anything to help Nara. "Is there something I can help...?"

"It's almost done- well, that's for tomorrow, so I can't put those away right now- hmm let me see..." Nara looked around. "It's almost done. It is. The boys will come at 4 pm to help me pick all of these-"

"But it's already 4 pm...?" Jinah double checked her watch again to make sure.

"Really? They should be ar-"

Six pairs of shoes running in the hallway could be heard. Jisung entered the piano room with sweats on his forehead. "Noona, we're late, sorry!"

The others followed him inside making the small room cramped. "We won't be late if it wasn't for that ga-" Jaemin's words were stopped when he saw Jinah. And the others also didn't complain about being late.

Nara noticed them, almost failed to hold her laugh. She cleared her throat. "Erm, guys... This is my duet partner for tomorrow. Kwon Jinah. Jinah, these are the boys I was telling you about."

Both the boys and Jinah were not able to grasp what Nara said. She didn't know what to do to make these highschoolers stopped awing each other. Then a loud voice came from outside, saving her situation.

"Nara ssi, can I have a moment- guys? Why are you here?" Doyoung's voice made the boys turned to see him.

"Oh, Doyoung hyung!" Jeno exclaimed. "We're here to... Wait, why were we here?"

Haechan scratched his forehead. "Picking up something.... Ah! Nara noona! We're here to help Nara noona to pick her stuffs up."

"Aaah~" The five said reacted together while Chenle and Renjun just following around, not getting what's happening.