Chapter 28

Youngho walked to her right side and offered his hand. "Shall we?"

Nara held her laugh and took his hand. "It's kind of embarrassing." But he didn't hear that and they walked together to the stage.

The moment the two entered the stage, there were noises at the audience. Half of them noticed who Youngho was, and others were just confused why there were two people playing the piano when there was only one name mentioned.

Nayeon, Haeun and the boys were also as surprised as the other audiences. The boys kept blinking their eyes and self-slapping in case they were seeing things. But Youngho was too large to be categorised as seeing things.

"It's hyung, isn't it??" Renjun asked the other with pterodactyl voice. He was too excited. Haechan and Jeno just nodded.

"Why is he there?" Nayeon looked at the two who were still preparing.

Haeun noticed something and covered her mouth. "Omg, I think I know! Whoa, this is unexpectedly romantic." She squealed and rapidly tapped Nayeon's shoulder.

Nayeon and the boys looked at Haeun curiously.

"Isn't he going to be her left hand?" Haeun exclaimed. Nayeon and the boys now were as excited and squealed like Haeun.

On the stage, Youngho positioned himself at Nara's left side. "I have memorised all of your numbers. You just put your left hand on my hand and move like you normally play, okay?"

"Are you sure you know all of them? I'm nervous."

"It'll be okay." He placed her left hand above his. He almost chuckled seeing her small hand on his large hand but the self slapped himself to focus. "Let's do it."

Nara started playing her first number. It felt strange that she could play the song normally. Like nothing happened to her left hand. She stole glances at Youngho once in a while, playing the piano with only his left hand.

His mentor, Mr. Han, was one of the audiences. He smiled proudly seeing his pupil once again touched the piano, in front of people, to add. The man who sat next to him whispered at him.

"Wasn't he one of your students?"

"He is my student. Not was." Mr. Han laughed a little.

"Is he allowed to do that?"

Mr. Han curved his lips to flash a smile when Youngho happily played the piano with Nara's hand on his. "Ah, this rascal." He crossed his arms. "Ehey.. He didn't do that to me when my hand was hurt..."

"Maybe if you're a young girl in her early twenties, he would, Sir." The man joked.

"I don't think so. She's something else." He studied Nara's hand works. "She's not that bad. Needs more practices here and there...but she does have talent."

"But I think this recital will be her last."

"Why is that so?" Mr. Han turned his head to look at the man.

"It's the rule. She's getting help, no way she could continue without being disqualified first." He explained. "Besides, her hand is injured, right?"

"Ah, really?" He stared at Youngho's face. "I think this is what he meant with helping her."

--

After the break, Nara and Youngho prepared for the duet song. Jinah was getting ready when she saw Nara. "Eonni!"

"Wow, you look so cute in that dress~" Nara hugged her. "The boys will fall for you, what should we do?"

"What boys, ey. It's just a dress. Most of the audiences are parents." She checked Nara's dress. "Your dress is prettier~"

"Well, some of the audiences are my brother." Youngho joined in the conversation. "So you'd better be worried."

Jinah stared at him. She had a petite body and seeing him made her scared. She quickly hid behind Nara, the latter only chuckled. "Who is he, eonni? He's the guy from earlier, right?"

"It's okay. He's a friend." Nara patted Jinah.

"I'm a friend??" Youngho now felt triggered with Nara's words.

"What do you want to be introduced to, then? 'It's okay, he's your uncle'?" Nara threw an air fist.

His quick-wit realised that Nara said that only for Jinah. "Ah, so I'm a friend to this little girl. I thought I'm just a friend for you."

"But aren't we friends?" Nara asked.

"What- I'm- well-"

"Park Nara. Kwon Jinah." The staff called. The two girls nodded and followed the staff. Youngho stood fazed but managed to follow them.

The three went to the stage and Jinah went to her piano, right across Nara's. The two exchanged smiles and took their position. Youngho once again became Nara's left hand. She now got used to with it.

The audience started to clap simultaneously when the light was dimmed. The boys also clapped like seals in their seats after seeing Jinah was in her dress.

"She's so cute!" Jaemin exclaimed.

"Why are you guys so excited in a recital? It's weird." A guy's voice said as he sat next to Renjun. There were three other guys as well.

"Oh, Taeyong hyung." Jeno noticed. He also came with his band members, Jaehyun, Yuta and Mark. They sat next to them.

"So she also plays piano." Jaehyun looked at Nara. "So my hunch was right."

"Doyoung... Has he performed yet?" Taeyong asked the boys. They nodded. "Ah, we're late, then."

"But we get to see Youngho playing piano again after awhile." Yuta said.

Then the ten boys watched the performance solemnly.

--

Nara and Jinah were having lunch break in the waiting room, along with other performers. Youngho was out to meet his friends since half an hour ago.

"I wonder if you can cancel your withdrawal, eonni. I'm going to miss you now." Jinah said while eating her lunch. "That tall oppa is really good. Where did you find him?"

Nara chuckled. "More like he found me. He's a piano student at M Academy."

"Heol. That M Academy? Their graduates are always going straight to Juilliard, eonni! Ah~ no wonder he could play using one hand without making any mistakes." Jinah then moved her chair closer to Nara. "But, eonni... That was romantic. What that oppa did. I don't think I could play piano if I were you."

"Really? But-" Her phone ringed. It was Youngjin. Sighing, she picked it up. "Oppa, I told you not to-"

'I'm at the backstage. Can you meet me for five minutes?'

She made a confused look, making Jinah asked her who it was.

"Fine." She finally answered and got up. "If the tall oppa comes and asks for me, tell him I went to tall to my mentor. Okay?"

"Sure."

Nara walked to the backstage door. She knew where he might be. "Oppa, where are you? I can't find-"

"I'm here." Youngjin appeared with a bouquet of flowers in his hand. He hung up the call and so did she. He gave her the flowers. "You did well."

"Thanks." She stared at the flowers.

"I'm not going to bother you anymore. I promise. If this is your last performance, I want to at least come and support you." He coughed. She could see under his cufflink that the hospital tag was still on his wrist.

"Did you come here by yourself? You don't seem fine."

"Does it show that much?" He smiled awkwardly. "I did. It's been awhile since I took the bus. And I forgot to top up my Tmoney. Long journey."

From the near corner, Youngho saw the two and resisted himself not to approach Nara. He then leaned his body on the wall and eavesdropped instead.

"Oppa. You need to rest well. This is the last time, okay?"

"The last time for what? You and me, or just running away from the hospital?"

"Both."