Chapter 29

Youngjin nodded his head in agreement. "Fine. If that's what you want." He kept nodding his head. "That guy really stole you away from me, didn't he?"

"I wasn't yours anymore when I met him."

He scoffed. "I guess I'm stupid in relationships."

"We can still be friends." She extended her hand. "It used to be hard for me to let you go. And I know the past eight years of us, can't be erased easily. But you can try. Meet someone new. A girl who is slightly less perfect than me, because I'm your perfect unforgettable first love."

Youngho held his laugh from eavesdropping. 'Where did she learn those words? Doyoung? Haechan? She sounds sassy.'

Staring at Nara's hand for awhile, Youngjin finally shook her hand. "I'm not going to object your words. You are my perfect unforgettable first love."

"But you can find a girl with slightly better in terms of physical." She smiled, hinting that perfect Kang Yebin girl.

"You know that doesn't matter for me." He patted her head and sighed. "I guess this is it."

"Good luck and be healthy. I still want to see you appear on TV as an anchor."

"I will." Youngjin then left the backstage after he smiled at her.

Youngho secretly smiled when Nayeon spotted him. "You're that guy, right? We haven't properly met. I'm Nara's sister."

Looking flustered, he nodded and introduced himself. "Seo Youngho. N-nice to meet y-you."

Nara heard them and furrowed her eyebrows. She walked toward the corner and asked. "But didn't he see you that time when he left a note for me?"

"I don't know his name. He didn't talk much." Nayeon said. "He only came straight to me and said I need to tell Nara this and that. Then he left."

He tried to hold his panic. Nara looked at him. "He saw you with that keyring, that's why he just came like that. Right, Youngho ssi?"

"I uh, y-yes, well-"

"What keyring?" Nayeon asked. "I don't remember any keyring..."

"That blue one, that Mum gave us from her trip to Italy. The one I hang on my bag."

"But I rarely bring mine."

Nara recalled that her sister didn't like accessories on her bag or her phone. She turned to look at Youngho suspiciously. "How did you know she was my sister?"

"I think I saw that keyring..." He avoided the two girls' watchful glare.

"Noona!" Jisung's cheerful voice broke the silence. Youngho felt relieved that the boys came. "We baked you these soft cookies!"

Chenle handed Nara a lunch box full of cookies. She was surprised. "Waa~ it looks delicious."

But the boys' heads were stretching here and there as if they wanted to look for something. Or a particular someone. Nara noticed this.

"Jinah is still having a talk with her mentor."

"Wh- no, no. We're here for her- you. I mean you." Jaemin stuttered his words. Nayeon just chuckled seeing the boys while Youngho gave them a glare.

"It's fine." Nara said. "How about all of us going to Everland this weekend? As our next date."

"I pass." Nayeon said, chuckling, as she left the group. "I'm going to find Haeun first, okay?"

"I'm inviting Jinah as well." Nara offered. The boys enlarged their eyes and immediately nodded rapidly. "Okay, eight of us!"

Youngho counted the person again. Seven was Nara and the boys, and if she invited Jinah then it was eight. He was about to complain when everyone walked away. He scratched his forehead and ruffled his hair. "Not again."